Can I Provide My Clients With Backups For Them To Set Up On Their Servers?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Thomas collado_*

Guest_Thomas collado_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

I wanted to know if your licence would permit me to provide ready made wordpress sites to my clients using backup buddy. Thanks.

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 12,767 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Hi Thomas

Thanks for your enquiry concerning BackupBuddy.

Yes, you can licence as many sites as you like within the constraints of your membership - these can be your own sites or sites that you develop and deliver to clients.

Please be aware though that any licence created under your membership is owned by you and although that licence (attached to their site) would enable your client to take automatic updates of BackupBuddy through the WordPress plugin admin on the site it does not entitle them to direct support for BackupBuddy or importbuddy (the standalone restore/migration utility) which is available only to the licence owner and your membership details must not be shared with any 3rd party.

Of course if a client wants to have direct support for using BackupBuddy on their site then they can take their own membership.

If you are delivering a site to a client as a backup file and the migration tool then you will be responsible for assisting them (with our help if required) in getting the delivered site up and running on their hosting.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 Guest_Thomas Collado_*

Guest_Thomas Collado_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thank you for your fast responce.

So with the developer license I will be able to, in theory, provide an unlimited number of client a copy of the ready made site?

Im also wondering if each client can be provided with a unique id to their ready made site installation package?

So you can have a clearer Idea of the fuctionality I was looking for .....I want something similar to what Joomla template providers call a "quickstart packages"

Thanks again.

#4 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • 12,767 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hi Thomas

Yes, you can deliver as many copies of your site(s) as you want with the provisos as mentioned.

Sorry, not really sure what you mean by a "unique id", but BackupBuddy is a WordPress site backup/restore/migrate tool - exactly what you choose to backup and migrate (deliver) to your clients (which I guess is what you may mean by a "package") is up to you and how you define your workflow. Certainly if you wanted to define some sort of customer or site id and have that embedded in what you deliver then I guess there are many ways you could do that by adding a field to the database or encoding some value into a file, etc.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#5 Guest_Thomas Collado_*

Guest_Thomas Collado_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:30 PM

Thanks, that answers my question. I will get the plugin.

#6 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • 12,767 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Hi Thomas

Thanks, happy to help. If you require any assistance after purchasing BackupBuddy then you will be able to access the specific BackupBuddy members only forum using your membership credentials.

Regards...jeremy