Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

I Would Like A Refund Please

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 nanlaj07

nanlaj07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hello,
I would like a refund please.  I bought Backup Buddy on May 17th and it never worked; I'm getting the endless Ping Waiting for server... I've been with support on this forum for a few days now and this has become a real headache.  http://ithemes.com/forum/topic/44512-ping-waiting-for-server/
Thank you.

Regards,

Nancy Lajoie

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

Hi Nancy

Sorry for the problems and misinformation that your hosting is giving you - I have replied on your topic, please check there and we can assist you further, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 nanlaj07

nanlaj07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Hi Jeremy,

This will not work. I would like a refund please.

Kind Regards,

Nancy.

-------------

Here is the latest from my Hosting :

This is to inform you that we do not support Backup buddy due to shared hosting environment limitations. You can try to use the backup features in your cPanel like Backup Wizard. Also the PHP's exec() function is disabled on the server. If you still wish to use the Backup buddy then you may need a dedicated server or a VPS. Thank you for your understanding in this regard. Please feel free to contact us for any further queries and concerns.
--
Regards,

Apurv K.
Customer Support Representative
HostPapa, Inc.

#4 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi Nancy

Yes, I saw your response on your main forum topic and I have responded to that with additional information indicating that your host is misleading you and continually using misinformation to try and upsell you to something that you neither need nor want. This is of concern to me and I am trying to help you through the smokescreen that they are putting up. The information that they are feeding to you (such as the above) is patently false as evidenced by the information that you have provided to us. I'm sorry that you host is giving you false information and trying to mislead you in this way - unfortunately we do come across this from time to time and it is worrying that either they are doing this deliberately or alternatively that they simply have no idea about their own hosting.

Please refer back to you support topic for additional information, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#5 nanlaj07

nanlaj07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

Thank you Jeremy...I think you're right, Hostpapa has either no idea about their own hosting or they're trying to sell me a dedicated or VPS server which is nonsense.

I will be changing Hosts!

Kind Regards,

Nancy

#6 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Hi Nancy

I think that is a good way to go ;-)

If you don't have any other host that you trust you might try Site5.com - we are currently recommending them and certainly other Customers have moved to them and have been very happy - BackupBuddy will certainly work well with them but of course you would have to make an overall decision based on your hosting requirements. We have a good working relationship with them as well :-) I believe they have various tryout offers and will also move your site for you which removes a lot of the hassle.

Regards...jeremy

#7 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • 13,606 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Update: Locking to prevent future confusion.