Is Your Product Right For Me?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Bob Van Epps_*

Guest_Bob Van Epps_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I have a commercial catalog website that was created years ago in FrontPage. It works quite well but I see the writing on the wall and want to recreate it using more current technology. I am not a coder so the WYSIWYG aspect of FrontPage has been easy for me to handle over the years. Recently, I have been attempting to learn how to use WordPress but the learning curve is quite steep at this point. My question is whether your product is the right one to help me migrate my site to WordPress? Here is the site that I want to convert. http://www.diamond-safety.com/Deck,%20Patio%20and%20Walkway%20Products.html I would appreciate any recommendations or other useful comments. Thanks in advance.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,195 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Hi,

Builder theme let's you easily create any layout you want. As a basis, you can use the designs of one of the child themes. Builder does come with a Stylemanager plugin that allows you to make simple adjustments to the site (change a background color, change the font etc,) but it is not a wysiwyg design tool as frontpage once was.

For the e-commerce function, you can choose to use an e-commerce plugin, we have several child themes that are "e-commerce ready", as in that they have native support for (some of) these plugins.

Perhaps you should have a look at the videos on Builder to get an idea of what it can do for you, but in all fairness, without (any) knowledge of WordPress, html, css and php I think it would be complicated to recreate that layout, since you would have to make quite extensive changes to the theme that you will be using.

As far as the learning curve for WordPress is concerned, we provide training through our webdesign.com brand,

hope this helps, a bit,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.