Welcome to the forum:
Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.
What is included with support:
Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.
4th of July weekend:
Please note that due to the 4th of July celebrations, today, Friday July 3 the iThemes offices are closed. Normal Support will resume on Monday July 6.
Thanks for understanding, and have a great weekend.
Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:52 PM
Before I purchase BackupBuddy I want to make sure I understand a specific aspect of ImportBuddy. If I understand correctly, ImportBuddy does not require WordPress to be installed on the site that is being migrated to.
1. Does this mean that ImportBuddy contains an install of WordPress?
2. Is this the most current version of WordPress or the version number being used currently on the site when ImportBuddy is downloaded?
3. If ImportBuddy maintains the current version, is this an exact copy of the install on the site or a fresh, new install of the same version number?
Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:18 PM
1. ImportBuddy wants there to not be a WordPress installation at the location you are migration/restore to. The WordPress installation is contained in the (full) backup you are restoring/migrating with.
2. It is whatever WordPress version number the site had when the backup being used was created since the source site's files are what got copied and put in the backup.
3. It is a copy of the site as it was when the backup was created, though when migrating a site to a new location this copy is a separate new site (that just happens to have all of the same content that the source site had since it was copied).
PRAISE LORD HELIX