Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Physical Products And Shipping

snipping physical products

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Neil_*

Guest_Neil_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

I don't see in the documentations how one would set shipping charges for products or the cart in general. Does exchange support physical products or only digital?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hi Neil,

At this time, Exchange is for digital products only.  We do intend to include physical products in the near future, but I don't have a timeline for when that will be included.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 ignorami23

ignorami23

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Wow, that's quite a big ommission. Something I'm surprised there was no hint of in the promotional emails.
I've been delaying work on a new customer's web store in anticipation of this weeks release, but seems I can't use it

Otherwise all looks great, but this is a huge deal.  :-(

#4 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

I agree... I too was hoping for the ability to sell physical products.... I did see in the promotion where it was talking about the sale of digital products but was also hoping for a physical product option as well.

#5 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,351 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

@all,

we did announce that the initial release of Exchange will be intended to facilitate selling digital downloadable goods. Of course, we will further develop Exchange and add more add-ons that will allow selling physical goods, shipping modules etc. We decided to gradually develop more add-ons, whilst already releasing a plugin that works as advertised,,

Thanks for understanding, and your patience of course!

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#6 laureenq

laureenq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

I am currently setting up an e-commerce site for a client and want to use Exchange.  The store can wait a couple of weeks before going live--maybe mid August. Will products/shipping options be available by then or should I go ahead and set up the store using a different e-commerce plugin?

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi laureenq,

Unfortunately, we don't have an exact timeline for when that will be released.  As you can see on our roadmap for Exchange, it is our next major feature, however, I can't guarantee it will be ready to go by mid-August.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#8 sscott

sscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

I'm very disappointed that Exchange does not work for physical products as well. I just re-read the Exchange product page at iThemes and it does not say anywhere that it is exclusively for digital products. I have a site just about ready to launch and had my client sign up for Stripe just for this purpose and now I find I cannot use Exchange after installing it and trying to integrate it. I also need to be able to add Products to various pages, not just to an Exchange created Product page.

This is extremely disappointing and feels misleading since the Exchange product page DOES NOT MAKE IT CLEAR that it is ONLY for DIGITAL products. I hope that someone at iThemes will re-write the copy for the Exchange product page to make sure that it is stated explicitly that you cannot use it to sell physical products.

Now I have to go back to my client and tell them we have to find a different solution. Thanks guys for making my life simpler, NOT! In my opinion this is a big product FAIL.

Below is the copy from the Exchange page. Will someone point out to me where it says "Digital Products ONLY"? And with the Downloads option being shown as an add-on that make it even less clear that it's for Digital only. If it's for Digital only why would that be an add-on? It make s no sense!

EXCHANGE PAGE COPY:
Simple ecommerce for WordPress

Sell your stuff online in under 5 minutes.
simple interface.

Your products are not blog posts. So we created an experience that makes creating products simple and intuitive.

Simple but extendable
An online store can get pretty complicated. And not everyone needs the same things.
In Exchange, many features are split into add-ons. You only see what your store needs, making it simple to use and manage.

#9 sscott

sscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

PS - deleting Exchange now since it's useless!

#10 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hi sscott,

We appreciate your feedback.  We did our best to be clear about Exchange's capabilities on the product description page;  http://wordpress.org/plugins/ithemes-exchange/, but apologize for any confusion.  

We are currently working on adding physical products and you can watch our progress here: https://trello.com/b/IZk2NDLt/ithemes-exchange-public-roadmap.

Thanks,

Elise

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information, snipping, physical products

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users