Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Any Plans On Offering More Payment Gateways Down The Line?

gateways europe

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SMB_*

Guest_SMB_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

First of all, congratulations on the product launch! It looks very promising and that's coming from someone who has had the experience of testing several different e-commerce solutions for wordpress for selling digital products.

I wonder if you are planning to expand the number of Payment Gateways down the line?

We are currently running a wordpress-based webshop (in Europe) and are thus unable to use Stripe. In our case, we are using Paymill (which is basically a Stripe clone for Europe) as our gateway.

The e-commerce-solution we are currently using (the name of which I shall omit), leaves (very) much to be desired - especially when it comes to customer support (even of the paid, 'premium' kind) - I am therefore thrilled to see your team entering this market since I have had nothing but solid, friendly and commited replies from these support forums regarding your other plugins.

PS.

A suggestion that might come in handy if you decide to market this solution in Europe. Just in case your developers haven't gotten to these issues yet:

In the EU, the VAT rules are key for all B2B e-commerce. This requires the ability to not only have different tax rates set for different countries and regions, but also have the ability to automatically check (business) customers EU VAT numbers against the pan-European business registry in order to deduct VAT when applicable (this can be implemented via an API which the business registry runs). This is a functionality that only recently the prominent wordpress e-commerce solutions have started to implement - and several of them charge outrageous extra fees for the functionality, which is simply required for all european businesses and in my mind should be part of the core... oh well - a bit of a rant there since this is what I just recently had to deal with.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,691 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hi SMB,

Thanks; we're really excited about Exchange!  :)

We don't have any specific plans in regards to other payment gateways at this time.  However, we are taking feature requests (http://ithemes.com/exchange/feature-request/), so if you have a specific gateway you'd like to see implemented, let us know.  I can't guarantee that we will create an add-on for it, but it's definitely a possibility.

Thanks for the information on the EU VAT rules too.  I'm sure that'll come in handy!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,748 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hi,

in addition to what Elise said, we already started working on other payment gateway integration add-ons, and are thinking about setting up polls so that users from various regions can express their preferences and the "most used".

The tax rules you mention are indeed on the road map. Being from the EU myself, I know the importance of this and we're looking into this for new add-ons, as also the US regulations requires proper taxation for (selling and shipping of) physical goods.

Thank you for your feedback, for additional suggestions or feature requests, please use our online form here: http://ithemes.com/exchange/feature-request/
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#4 Guest_SMB_*

Guest_SMB_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Thank you Elise and Ronald for your replies!

I will check out Exchange on a developer site on my spare time and will be sure to drop in a couple of feature requests as I go along. Will be exciting to see this develop!

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information, gateways, europe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users