Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Change Or Disable Image Zoom

9 replies to this topic

#1 jtf1117

jtf1117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit, Sync
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Can I disable or change the amount of zoom in the automatic image zoom for product images?

The default setting zooms in way too much. I'd prefer the user to just be able to click or hover for a full-size image.

Example: http://inviteshoppe.com/product/graduation-chalkboard/

Thanks.
Jeff Fila
Albany Digital Services, LLC - Web Development / Technical Training / Technical Writing
Real Estate Digital Services - Real Estate Web Development / Virtual Tours / Single Property Websites / Marketing / Graphics
Call/Text 518-302-1117

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,345 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

Hi,

the image will zoom to the original uploaded version of the image, so by resizing that image before uploading it, you have some sort of control over the zoom effect. I can definitely see the advantages in having a "click" option on the image to open it in a lightbox or otherwise.  To make sure it ends up in the right hands, could you post this as a feature request here: http://ithemes.com/exchange/feature-request/ you can add a link to this topic,

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Koop

Koop

iThemes Lead Developer

• Administrators
  • 182 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

View Postjtf1117, on 09 July 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Can I disable or change the amount of zoom in the automatic image zoom for product images?

You can change the zoom feature to click by adding click as the value for zoom.

it_exchange( 'product', 'gallery', array( 'zoom' => 'click' );

View Postjtf1117, on 09 July 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

The default setting zooms in way too much. I'd prefer the user to just be able to click or hover for a full-size image.

Currently the image zooms the full size image, but I think we are going to switch that to the large size image with the option to change.

Hope this helps.

Justin is the Lead Front End Developer for iThemes.

#4 jtf1117

jtf1117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

View PostKoop, on 10 July 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

Currently the image zooms the full size image, but I think we are going to switch that to the large size image with the option to change.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Justin. Until that happens, can you tell me:

1) how do I make that change myself that you mentioned above? I want a popup of the fullsize image when you click on the product image, not a zoom.

2) Where do I make the change to zoom on click as opposed to zoom on hover like you mention above?

3) Where do I change the size of product images, or the number of products shown per line in the /store page? If you go here, you'll see that they only show 2 per line and the images stretch to fill out the whole width. When I used a sidebar width, it still showed 2 products per line, but the image was smaller. This image is huge on full width.

4) Where do I change the featured image size?

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff Fila
Albany Digital Services, LLC - Web Development / Technical Training / Technical Writing
Real Estate Digital Services - Real Estate Web Development / Virtual Tours / Single Property Websites / Marketing / Graphics
Call/Text 518-302-1117

#5 jtf1117

jtf1117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Anyone?
Jeff Fila
Call/Text 518-302-1117

#6 Koop

Koop

iThemes Lead Developer

• Administrators
  • 182 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

View Postjtf1117, on 10 July 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

1) how do I make that change myself that you mentioned above? I want a popup of the fullsize image when you click on the product image, not a zoom.

You will have to use a light box library for the image popup. I prefer Colorbox.

2) Where do I make the change to zoom on click as opposed to zoom on hover like you mention above?

The change would be made in content-product.php.

3) Where do I change the size of product images, or the number of products shown per line in the /store page? If you go here, you'll see that they only show 2 per line and the images stretch to fill out the whole width. When I used a sidebar width, it still showed 2 products per line, but the image was smaller. This image is huge on full width.

You'll have to modify the CSS for the product list to change the number of items per row. Look for these selectors in your CSS file.

.it-exchange-products li

4) Where do I change the featured image size?

Do you mean on the store page or the actual size of the uploaded image?

#7 jtf1117

jtf1117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostKoop, on 11 July 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

You will have to use a light box library for the image popup. I prefer Colorbox.

I know how to use a lightbox (I use easyfancybox). My question was this:
You said

I think we are going to switch that to the large size image with the option to change.

and I want to know where and how can I do this. I don't want to wait for iThemes to do this. The hover effect really makes the Exchange store unusable for me so I'd like to get popups working now.
Jeff Fila
Call/Text 518-302-1117

#8 Koop

Koop

iThemes Lead Developer

• Administrators
  • 182 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Postjtf1117, on 11 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

I want to know where and how can I do this. I don't want to wait for iThemes to do this. The hover effect really makes the Exchange store unusable for me so I'd like to get popups working now.

The change I mentioned was regarding switching from zooming to the full size image to the large size image. This should help with the size of the zoom customers see.

Although, a 'popup' was not mentioned in my post, it is something that is on the radar for the future. If you want 'popups' now, you will have to create a custom 'popup' using the light box library of your choice.

#9 jtf1117

jtf1117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

Simply adding a lightbox plugin does not help the fact that when you hover (or click) on the image in an Exchange store, it zooms in. Regardless if I make the change from hover to click, it will still zoom. I don't want it to zoom, I want it to popup a larger image.

In my other post, I said this: It seems like with Exchange, it is just using my full size image, ignoring the sizes resized by WP, and making it fit as large as it can in the width provided. I can't see how anyone would want this as a feature.

Is that how it is being handled?
Jeff Fila
Call/Text 518-302-1117

#10 Koop

Koop

iThemes Lead Developer

• Administrators
  • 182 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Postjtf1117, on 12 July 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Simply adding a lightbox plugin does not help the fact that when you hover (or click) on the image in an Exchange store, it zooms in. Regardless if I make the change from hover to click, it will still zoom. I don't want it to zoom, I want it to popup a larger image.

You are correct. Adding a lightbox WordPress plugin will not solve your problem. You will need to create a custom light box using the library of your choice.

View Postjtf1117, on 12 July 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

In my other post, I said this: It seems like with Exchange, it is just using my full size image, ignoring the sizes resized by WP, and making it fit as large as it can in the width provided.

This is currently the default setting and will be changed to use the large size image with the next update to Exchange.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users