Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Multiple Exchange Sites

5 replies to this topic

#1 hammerofpompey

hammerofpompey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Having set up just one (non iThemes) installation without success, I have spotted something I'd like clarification on.  When you add the return details in paypal, how do I add multiple sites? There was nothing obviously apparent - maybe I am just a numbnut!!! lol  Or is exchange limited to one exchange site per paypal address?

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hi hammerofpompey,

You're not a "numbnut"!  :)  PayPal can be very confusing!

Basically, whatever URL you choose to add there acts as a default.  So if PayPal can't find the URL, that's the one it'll use.  Exchange generates the proper return code when it sends the user to PayPal, so just enter the address you want to as your default in that setting.  

Let me know if this helps clear up the issue or if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 hammerofpompey

hammerofpompey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Not sure I follow.  can I set multiple paypal links so exchange1.com and exchange2.com etc... I didn't see a way to do that on paypal.  But then I already had my signatures, so didnlt get an option to create signatures, just to access (unless of course I missed it!)

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,356 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi,

whatever the value in PayPal is fine. If it relates to your first site, then your 2nd, 3rd etc. sites will still be able to use the PayPal payment gateway. So there is no need to update this per site (or, as you can see, it simply can't be done). It's a bit of a strange PayPal thing.

The actual code and data that Exchange sends to PayPal includes the proper return address (so your users won't be redirected to the link initially setup in PayPal)

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 hammerofpompey

hammerofpompey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

OK - does the same apply to IPN, I already have an IPN setting for a non exchange site and there appears to be no way in PayPal to have a second link!

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

Hey hammerofpompey,

Yes, the same applies.  You can still use Exchange with the IPN set to another site.  

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users