How To Get Importbuddy If Site Has Crashed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:09 AM

I read that if I want to restore my site with Backup Buddy, I would need to the the importbuddy file from within the Backup Buddy plugin. If that is correct, how to get this if my site has crashed and I could not to the plugin at all?

Thanks,

Tony

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 11,906 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

Hi Tony

Thanks for your enquiry concerning BackupBuddy.

Standard (and sensible) practice with any recovery utility is to make sure that the required tools are available before they are required - in the case of the recovery tool required to restore from a BackupBuddy backup you would download this from your site when you install (or update) BackupBuddy. Full information is available from within BackupBuddy after installation and your membership entitles you to support on the members-only product specific forum where you can ask about anything you are unsure or unclear about after using BackupBuddy and looking at the documentation. There are various options to help you in this sort of situation if you have not prepared in advance and we can advise you on the product specific forum should the need arise, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."