Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Architect Upgrade

architect

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BJ_*

Guest_BJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

We have an OLD version of Architect, version 1.0.  We are looking to purchase the upgraded version but its a "Builder" version I believe.  Typically you can just upgrade the theme by doing the update, but since its "builder" I wasn't sure if there was more to it than that.  What is the process to upgrade it to the latest version?  If easy we are going to do.  If more work, we may just do a new theme.

#2 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

More or less, the Builder version of Architect is a completely different theme. We took the design concept of Architect and created a Builder child theme that matched as closely as possible. So, the only similarity between the standalone Architect theme and the Builder Architect child theme is the look.

I hope that helps you make your decision.

#3 Guest_BJ_*

Guest_BJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Thanks!  I have not used Builder before.  Will all the widgets etc be carried over or are we talking about much more detailed process similar to installing a new theme?  It sounds like similar to new theme.  Sorry, just making sure.

#4 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

It's going to be the same as moving to a new theme.