Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Hello And Welcome!

welcome

4 replies to this topic

#1 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 54 posts
  • LocationInternet :)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

Hi everyone!

My name is Ben and along with a few people at Site5 I'm going to be helping Cory and team out with any questions you might have on web hosting topics and related :).

We are happy to help with any questions or problems you are having no matter the web host you are using. I've been in hosting for a very long time and very involved in WordPress over the years. Site5 has been around since 1999 and we currently host 600,000 websites in 19 locations around the world :)

Talk to you soon,
Thanks,
Ben and the Site5 Team

PS, I'll leave these pinned for about 30 days just in case anyone has any questions.

#2 philb

philb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Hi Ben,

I'm in Montreal and I can see that you only have the managed VPS for that city. Will you offer unmanaged VPS and or Cloud VPS also for Montreal?

If I would switch with your company, is it possible to restore by wHM/cPanel backup so I don'T have to recreated all of my clients email and setup?

I'm not sure if you can or want to answer me that question but is the Montreal server located and iWeb and are they the one providing the support for Montreal?
I'm asking because I had a bad support experience whit them some years ago when I tried there hosting and they could not restore my cPanel accounts. :-(

Thanks for your time

Philippe :-)

#3 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

View Postphilb, on 05 August 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hi Ben,

I'm in Montreal and I can see that you only have the managed VPS for that city. Will you offer unmanaged VPS and or Cloud VPS also for Montreal?

If I would switch with your company, is it possible to restore by wHM/cPanel backup so I don'T have to recreated all of my clients email and setup?

I'm not sure if you can or want to answer me that question but is the Montreal server located and iWeb and are they the one providing the support for Montreal?
I'm asking because I had a bad support experience whit them some years ago when I tried there hosting and they could not restore my cPanel accounts. :-(

Thanks for your time

Philippe :-)
Hi Philippe,

Thanks! Good Q :)

Currently for Montreal we offer managed VPS + web hosting + reseller hosting too.

Unmanaged VPS just went live this last week and we should have it in Montreal within the next 30 to 90 days, it just takes a little while to expand out to all the locations. If you hit me up at Ben@Site5.com I can notify you too.

CloudVPS & our current cloud hosting is a pretty complex product, and we currently have no plans to expand it beyond Dallas/Amsterdam. The problem is that it requires some specific and complex networking configurations that most DCs don't support, and none of our partners in Canada currently support. We are keeping a close eye on some of the emerging technologies in cloud/clustering to see if down the road we can expand out further over normal hardware. And our R&D department is testing some of the newest tech out there right now to see if its a good fit for our future needs.
*Hope that explains why and hit me up with any questions.

Yep we are happy to handle your migration over :), details below:
http://www.site5.com/about/free-migration/

Happy to answer, nope we don't use iWeb currently.

We provide 100% of all support to our customers, our focus is on 3 things:
1. Providing amazing support to customers.
2. Providing the best software stack management possible.
3. Providing an amazing UI to manage your website within.

We just use our DC partners to manage the hardware and networking, things that are not our speciality.

Make sense?

Thanks, Ben

#4 pdblizzard

pdblizzard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSarasota, Florida

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Please let me say here, that I switched over to Site5 from Hostgator a couple of months ago, and I am absolutely thrilled. I have about 30 cilents that I host sites for through a reseller account. I had some hiccups transfering my sites over (due to complex content and configurations) and the support I received each and every time from Site5 was stellar. Keep up the good work Ben!

#5 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

View Postpdblizzard, on 05 August 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

Please let me say here, that I switched over to Site5 from Hostgator a couple of months ago, and I am absolutely thrilled. I have about 30 cilents that I host sites for through a reseller account. I had some hiccups transfering my sites over (due to complex content and configurations) and the support I received each and every time from Site5 was stellar. Keep up the good work Ben!

We are working on two things to improve the migration process as well:

1. Anthony our VP of Customer Service is doing a big overview of our checklist to really improve that process and stop the little mistakes that happen when you have such a complex task. For our team it can be a bit like looking at the dashboard for driving the space shuttle sometimes and they need a little more guidance for what to check before moving to the next step.

And

2. We are starting to plan out a more automated system, at first it will just be for internal migrations but long term external as well. This will take a while but be worth it long term.

thanks, Ben

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the WordPress Hosting Questions forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information, welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users