Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

resolved

Error In Initial Configuration.

installation error

7 replies to this topic

#1 raymoore

raymoore

• Members
  • Others: Builder, Webdesign, Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

I've very impressed with what I see in Exchange. I think it'll be another "feather in your cap." I'm so glad I found your products (and webinars). :)

Upon installing and configuring Exchange (with Standard Secure and a PayPal Business account, I'm getting the following error:

http://imgur.com/b8jiH5y

The fields are filled out (per the instructions in the "Setting Up PayPal Standard Secure" video).

The host is GoDaddy (in case that helps you narrow down the issue). BackupBuddy & ContactBuddy are running properly on this site, f.y.i.

Your assistance is appreciated.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,726 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

Hey raymoore,

We've had a couple other people report similar issues, so we're digging into it more now.

In the meantime, can you try a couple things for me?  Instead of entering the information from the Quick Setup page, go into Exchange > Add-ons and click the gear symbol next to the Enabled button for PayPal Standard Secure.  That will take you to the settings where you can try adding the information there.

Can you also check to see if there is a plugin conflict?  So deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if it will accept the PayPal information.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time, to see which plugin is creating the conflict.

Give those things a try if you don't mind and let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Elise

#3 raymoore

raymoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

That seemed to solve the issue of initial configuration. I was able to add a test item and purchase it.

I was taken to PayPal, and the charge was made. I was taken back to the web site, but it was a blank page.  The URL was as follows:

http://domain.com/transaction/?it-exchange-transaction-method=paypal-standard-secure&tx=9999999999&st=Completed&amt=0%2e27&cc=USD&cm=&item_number=

(obviously sanitizing things here)

Doing a "view source" shows nothing behind the page.

The PayPal receipt came through email.

I went back to the website (domain.com/store), and saw this...

http://imgur.com/t0fkODu

When I go in to the payment area, it shows no orders

http://imgur.com/p2qVzqU

Please advise.

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hey raymoore,

Did you happen to run the plugin conflict test?  Can you do so now?  So try to run a test with PayPal with all your other plugins deactivated.

Give that a try and let me know if you get the same errors or what happens.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 raymoore

raymoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostElise Alley, on 26 July 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Did you happen to run the plugin conflict test?  Can you do so now?  So try to run a test with PayPal with all your other plugins deactivated.

Just tried it with all other plugins deactivated. The exact same results were encountered. :(

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hi raymoore,

I'm going to bump this up for the developers to take a look.  It may be Monday or so before I have a response for you, but I'll let you know as soon as I have any information.

Thanks,

Elise

#7 raymoore

raymoore

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for your assistance.

#8 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 74 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hi raymoore,
We're going to push an update shortly that should - among other things - have a fix for the setup wizard errors you were experiencing as well as provide us with more feedback if you encounter the amount error again.

I couldn't reproduce the error, but I know what is happening. When PayPal pings your server after starting to process the payment, it sends back how much the payment was for and we compare that with the cart price just to make sure nobody tried to hack the cost between checking out and arriving at paypal. For some reason our comparison isn't saying they paid what they should have paid. Because of that, we don't record the transaction.

We've added some code to the next release that will give us more feedback if it happens again. I'll check back in with you after that update is available. Just didn't want you to think we forgot about you.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved, installation, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users