Use Non-Ithemes Template?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mike Potter_*

Guest_Mike Potter_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Hi - thinking of purchasing Builder to develop my fairly simple business website.  Just as a display of my ignorance of how all this works, my biggest question is - can I use a child theme developed elsewhere and manage/change that non-iThemes child theme using Builder?  Or should I just try to approximate what I like in the design of some "outside" theme by using Builder?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,887 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hi,

only child themes developed specifically for Builder can be used. They don't have to be iThemes, but as far as I know, there are no other providers of Builder child themes. Even though a basic Child theme can be as simple as just a stylesheet (as most child themes are no more than a way to style the Builder core), it is very unlikely that an existing WordPress theme can be used as a Builder child theme "out of the box",

hope that clarifies,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Janise_*

Guest_Janise_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Hi There,

Just to clarify a few things:

1.  Can any wordpress theme be used with builder, or is it strictly for itheme child themes?

2.  Do all plugins in the DevSuite work with all other wordpress templates, specifically non-itheme templates, or do these plugins only work with itheme templates?

3.  Does the purchase of an itheme package include the Devcourse training and/or access to the library training?

4.  If the All Access Theme Pass or DevSuite is purchased, does that get you into the upcoming DevCourse training taking place 7/29/13, or include the library webinars?

5.  In regards to the upcoming Devcourse, will it be taught using itheme products such as builder, along with itheme templates?.

6. In the DevCourse, are you teaching wordpress web development in general, using any wordpress template, or is the teaching specifically related to developing itheme websites?

7.  Is this particular course mainly an introduction to the new itheme ecommerce template?

Lastly,  regarding the sale, will the 30%, and 25% come off of the prices shown at time of checkout.

Thanks so much for your assistance in helping me to make a sound decision as I consider web development training at ithemes! :)

#4 Guest_Mike Potter_*

Guest_Mike Potter_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

Thanks Ronald!