Will Site5 Offer A White Label Solution?

8 replies to this topic

#1 George Z

George Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

I'm looking to move beyond the traditional cpanel reseller setup for my clients. I was hoping for a setup where I could resell Site5's services to clients and add my own retainer markup: they interact w/ Site5 directly for tech problems and email me for site design requests.

I'm currently working w/ a Wordpress hosting provider that's in beta right now and they have one pretty cool feature: you can migrate any client's site to their own billing and you'll get an affiliate commision on their payments. That would be another option, but it would require that I bill my retainer fee separately.

#2 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 47 posts
  • LocationInternet :)

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Yep, we are working on this I can confirm.

This requires us moving to our new backend/billing system which has been designed to allow for this setup, we hope to have all our clients in the new system by the end of year. Then we will start working on an interface for our "franchise" customers to manage there offering. I should be able to give a more accurate ETA by late January.
*The idea being you can set the markup for each plan we offer to extend to your customers.

We also are working on a managed WordPress product, and we hope to be able to roll it out in early January as it requires the new backend/billing system too.

Thanks, Ben

#3 sean6m

sean6m

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

View PostGeorge Z, on 05 August 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I'm looking to move beyond the traditional cpanel reseller setup for my clients. I was hoping for a setup where I could resell Site5's services to clients and add my own retainer markup: they interact w/ Site5 directly for tech problems and email me for site design requests.

Great Idea George! That's somthing I would be interested in as well along with Site5 hosting, I have 10 wordpress sites I have designed for clients and if they could use Site5 tech support that would just be a bonus. :)

#4 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Question for you guys :)

Margins are pretty tight in shared hosting, so generally we won't be discounting our shared hosting plans by much. What do you guys see yourself charging for a HostBasic/Pro/Turbo on top of almost what we charge?

I'm curious as we always advocate to our resellers they should be charging more than big hosts since they bring a personal relationship + usually the design relationship. But I'd love to get some feedback on that and what you are thinking?

thanks, Ben

#5 sean6m

sean6m

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Ben, not sure what others do but I do charge more than the big hosts for just that reason - one on one personal relationship and design it's usally an easy sell.

(Bronze) Basic $10.95 monthly
(Silver) Pro $14.95 monthly
(Gold) Turbo $19.95 monthly

Sean

#6 George Z

George Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:52 AM

I would charge around $25 and initially only offer the (Bronze) Basic 1 website package to emphasize that we're focusing on only 1 website. The restriction also helps convey that I'm not offering hosting in the traditional utility sense, but rather helping them build a website which of course needs hosting to run.  I even avoid the whmcs billing software because I don't want to brand myself as a host. I want people picking theme designs during checkout, not that whmcs checkout process of domain name / nameservers / disk & bandwidth package thats ubiquitous across hosting providers. You're getting a site from me, not hosting :) .

Anyways, that's great news Ben - I realize it's 6+ months but I think I can tread water until then.

#7 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:12 AM

Cool thanks for the input!

Well I should note, we are aiming to have the new backend launched for our brands by end of year. And then it is going to take some dev time to build the next step that would allow users to create those plans etc. But I should be able to give a real ETA early next year :)

#8 George Z

George Z

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Any updates on this, Ben? I took a gander at the Site5 blog & it looks like the new billing system is about ready.

#9 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostGeorge Z, on 17 March 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

Any updates on this, Ben? I took a gander at the Site5 blog & it looks like the new billing system is about ready.

View PostGeorge Z, on 17 March 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

It is going really well, we are importing one of our brands into the new system this month, and then Site5 the following 2 months. Once we get those in we will have clear timelines on how and when we are going to extend this functionality to offer designers our white label hosting product. ie, I should be able to answer this a lot better the first part of Q3 this year.

If you want to play with a beta of the new platform and see it in action:
www.website.me

It is a freemium saas version of our platform that works with any cpanel hosting company, and any WordPress blog. This is only a week old and will have a lot more going into it over the next two quarters. The goal is to provide one place where you can manage your entire online world, and eventually make a really clean setup to bring designer/dev's clients into this system.

Let me know what you think,
Thanks, Ben

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the WordPress Hosting Questions forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users