Vps Setup Time

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Corey_*

Guest_Corey_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:22 PM

How long does it typically take to setup a VPS account on Site5?

#2 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 47 posts
  • LocationInternet :)

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

For managed and unmanaged VPS It is instant unless there was a flag that caused us to have to manually review the order, in which case a customer service rep will contact you :)

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hmmm...

I never got contacted. It took almost 11 hours, but it's setup now. I submitted a ticket to ask about it and that took 8 1/2 hours to get a response to as well.

Oh well, it's done - even if this isn't very encouraging. I'll just assume there was some kind of hang up because I used my business card.

Thanks bensite5.

#4 bensite5

bensite5

Hosting Expert

• Moderators
  • 47 posts
  • LocationInternet :)

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostGuest, on 06 August 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

I never got contacted. It took almost 11 hours, but it's setup now. I submitted a ticket to ask about it and that took 8 1/2 hours to get a response to as well.

Oh well, it's done - even if this isn't very encouraging. I'll just assume there was some kind of hang up because I used my business card.

Thanks bensite5.
Yep the only reason it wouldn't be instant is if something got flagged for possible fraud and required a human review. There are a lot of variables that can trigger that, the biggest one is if the billing address doesn't match the location. Our billing team is not available 24/7 so that can add in a small delay if that is the case.

Fraud is huge on the net and with hosting, so we have to be pretty careful :), especially since spammers/abuser and criminals often sign up and can get an entire server blacklisted we have to be extra protective.

Hope that makes sense,
Thanks, Ben

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the WordPress Hosting Questions forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users