Welcome to the forum:
Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!
Also take note of the forum guidelines.
Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.
What is included with support:
Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.
Backupbuddy Trial & Refundnetworks multi-site trial refund beta assistance network migration duplicate clone
Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:26 PM
I am very interested in BackupBuddy. It looks great and I have been looking for a plugin that can easily and completely move entire WP sites.
I pretty much only have Multi-sites. Each network may only have one site, but I need the capability to migrate and/or backup ones that do have multiple sites. From what I understand, the network migration is still in beta. Some questions:
1) Is it possible for me to try BackupBuddy on a test site to see if it is able to move one of my networks? Could I try moving my entire network into a "sandbox" (sub-domain)?
2) Since the multi-site migration is in beta, will you be able to help me fix issues if there are migration problems? I would likely need troubleshooting advice.
3) If BackupBuddy does not work for what I need, moving networks of sites, am I able to get a refund? Am I out the entire year's fee even if the product does not meet my needs?
4) Is the license per user or per site? Can a license be transferred if necessary?
5) Will BackupBuddy work without a license? If I leave after a year, may I keep using my version indefinitely?
Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:14 PM
Thanks for your interest in BackupBuddy!
I think I have some answers for you.
1) There are no trial versions because once you download the software you'll always have it.
2) This is from our codex, I've also added a link below so you can look over additional information.
BackupBuddy Multisite is an EXPERIMENTAL product. As such, you may encounter issues using it and we cannot necessarily insure flawless functionality or that issues encountered will be resolved in as timely manner as non-experimental features. Usage of it in a production environment is at your own risk; Import/Export functionality is quite solid but Network migrations have some issues which require additional intervention to fully complete if the URL changes (see limitations below for full details). There is currently not a specific ETA on when the EXPERIMENTAL tag will be removed. It will be removed once we believe Multisite functionality to be as solid and reliable as the BackupBuddy standalone many have come to love.
More information here - http://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy_Multisite
3) Unfortunately we're not able to give a refund if it doesn't meet your needs. Once you've purchased the product you own it and will always have access to it. We will attempt to give you as much information as we can before you purchase so you can make an educated decision.
4) The licenses are per site, not user. You can transfer them to another site as many times as you want anytime you want.
5) The licenses have no affect on the functionality of BackupBuddy. The license is for support and automatic updates only, so you can continue using it normally.
I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any other questions after looking through the codex!
Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:41 PM
Thank you for the thorough response. That took care of those questions.
Couple more questions:
1) I have a site that is divided into 3 pieces: products, membership, and main site. I use the "multi-site" network for growth reasons and to apply different themes. The site is set up on 1 domain as, a primary domain and 2 sub-directories. How many licenses would I need?
2) How difficult is it to transfer the license? Could I do it from my account, or would I have to submit a support ticket?
Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:50 PM
I think I can help out with these.
1) You would need three licenses to be able to provide support and automatic updates to each one.
2) It's very simple and takes a matter of seconds to detach a license and attach it to another site. You'll currently do this from your plugins page, although we're slowly rolling out a new licensing system that will make it even easier.
Please let me know if you have any other questions!