Site Backup And Quick Migrate To Development Server

backup plugins client backups

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Marcus_*

Guest_Marcus_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hello

Our company look after many Wordpress sites that we have built and continue to support. I am looking for a solution that is fast and reliable to back these sites up. I have already noticed BUB supports Amazon S3 uploads, which is great as it`s what we currently rely on.

But until now our solution for updating Wordpress sites (specifically for the purpose of updating Wordpress plugins and updates) isn't very elegant, it entails, backing up existing database and all files, installing Wordpress on our development server doing a path find and replace on the database to restore file paths, URL etc and changing permalinks etc. Then update plugins one by one. This is laborious to say the least and when you are doing this with many sites as we are, it can also be a little error prone.

What I would very much like to know is, would the backupbuddy magic migration feature work well for us by exporting our clients live site database and files to a URL on our development server so we can quickly test plugins and Wordpress updates this way. And then feel confident to apply the updates on the clients live site.

Because for us, that would be the killer feature, the plugin already seems to do all the other things our current solution does. But this would save us so much time and hassle.

Would be nice to hear of experiences you have had, and how simple it would be to set this up.

Kind regards

Marcus

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hello Marcus,

Thanks for your interest in BackupBuddy!

In short, yes this is exactly what BackupBuddy does in addition to performing backups. I've linked to our sales page and codex, there's a ton of information for you to review.

http://ithemes.com/purchase/backupbuddy/

http://ithemes.com/codex/page/BackupBuddy

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald