Backup Buddy Doesn't Work!

backup buddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 eunoia

eunoia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hi There,

I purchased Backup Buddy two days ago and the plugin does not work for me despite wasting my whole weekend watching the videos and trying to get it to work on my wordpress site, with over 20 failed attempts.
It consistently comes up with errors whether I do a manual restore or migration, locally or to a remote location.
It's been a right waste of my time, which I'm really disappointed about, because I wanted it to be as good as it said it was.
I would like my $100 to be refunded please.
I know you say you don't refund money, but this is not fair at all nor is it actually legal.
And considering you have no trial, I was not to know it would not operate the way it was represented and advertised.
Please refund my money, especially since I bought a ten site licence.  

Many thanks,
Isabella

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 12,405 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

Hi Isabella

Thanks for purchasing BackupBuddy and sorry to hear that you are currently experiencing a problem with your site.

Your membership of course includes access to our specific BackupBuddy support forum which you can access from the Support Forum link on your Member Panel after logging in with your membership credentials as you have done to post here or you can access the forum directly here: BackupBuddy - iThemes Community WordPress Forum (you will need to Sign In if you are not already logged in).

From your message it seems that you are already successfully using BackupBuddy for making backups which is good to know. We can assist you with any issues you may be having with your restore or migration if you start a new topic in the BackupBuddy forum and provide as much information as you can about what you are trying to do and what problem you may be having. Please include any Backup Status logs and/or restore/migration logs to provide information about your difficulty and we shall be able to help you, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#3 ashlismash

ashlismash

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

I'm in the same boat.  I bought it yesterday... I was attracted to the fact that it would make Migration "easy".  It has been impossible.  I'm fairly technically savvy, and yet despite going through everything and trying multiple times, I've made no inroads.  I'd like a refund also.

#4 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 12,405 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

Hi ashlismash

Thanks for purchasing BackupBuddy and sorry to hear that you are currently experiencing a problem with your site.

Your membership of course includes access to our specific BackupBuddy support forum which you can access from the Support Forum link on your Member Panel after logging in with your membership credentials. I see that you have just recently started a topic there and we have engaged with you to assist.

From your message it seems that you are already successfully using BackupBuddy for making backups which is good to know. We can assist you with any issues you may be having with your restore or migration, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."