resolved

Yikes! "pay With Paypal" Button Just Goes To Paypal Account

4 replies to this topic

#1 tvaughan

tvaughan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:59 PM

I received a message from a potential customer today. They were unable to purchase a product stating that after adding items to the cart and then pressing the "Pay With PayPal" button it just took them to their PayPal account main page. I was able to replicate the problem and needless to say this has me very worried as to the stability of Exchange at this point. When I first installed Exhcange, I personally went through the purchasing steps on my site with no issue and even had a friend make a purchase just to test it out...all worked a couple of days ago. Now...it's got me worried that I've made a mistake switching to Exchange as I was able to duplicate the issue. PayPal home screen opened instead of the expected checkout page. Please advise.
--Tommy
mpclounge.com

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Hi Tommy,

I'm not able to replicate this.  I just went to your site and when I went to purchase a product, it took me to sign in to my PayPal account and then the purchase screen once I logged in.  

Can you give me the specifics of how this is happening?  For instance, is it on a specific product?  Are you just using the Buy Now option?  Or does it happen when you're checking out from the cart?  Are you using the PayPal Standard - Basic add-on?  Or the PayPal Standard - Secure option?

Any additional details you can give would be helpful.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 tvaughan

tvaughan

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Hello Elise,
Narrowed it down to one product...Elemental Vol. 1. Noticed that the only thing different about the product was I added a <br> in the title to force a break for an additional line/subtitle. When I removed the <br> all went as expected. So, html in the title seems to be the culprit at this point.
--Tommy
mpclounge.com

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 4,712 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hey Tommy,

When I added the <br /> tag to my title, I got the same result you were.  So, I'll pass this along to the developers, but you'll want to avoid using HTML in your titles for now.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 Christine--FLPedaler

Christine--FLPedaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationDunedin, FL - Tampa Bay area

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

I had a similar issue (not with Exchange but simply with Buy Now buttons with a couple options)...
I re-did the buttons thinking I had done something wrong... applied my same edits (making the background in the title different color, font bold, etc.)
Failed again...

So, I removed html from any of the titles... then another conflict I think was the culprit (or also)... was embedding a script on the same page for a lightbox form... (separate from the purchase code)..  I removed it also, and now only use a link to open the form in another window... and it all seems to work, but was disappointed I couldn't have my modifications.

So, not sure if that's a wordpress idiosyncracy or Paypal... or a little of both.
Christine Tabor - FLPedaler
ctabor@cltventures.com

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users