Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Tabs - Not Sure How They Work

Tabber Widget

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 skinny1

skinny1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

I've read the codes and the forum .. feeling a bit 'ditzy' and thinking I am probably not understanding the function and purpose of this plugin.

I would like to have a list of tabs (boxes or whatever) displayed one on top of the other, in a widget area at the bottom of my page.  When a tab is click on, it would open up to show either a widget box content or would open another page entirely.    Can't find a clear definition of how this works or the 'how-tos' like  I've found on your wonderful documentation page and codex for other plugins  .... so sorry if I'm missing the obvious...
http://hopesanchor.org/come-with-us-to-israel/

The tabs show up in the widget -- but How do I get each one to 'display' any content?  And how do I get them to 'stack.'     There's a piece here I have missed.   And if this is just not an appropriate use of the widget, let me know ... PLEASE ....

Thanks for your help.
Bonnie, aka Mrs B
http://TradeFatForLife.com

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Hello Bonnie,

We'll work on getting some "Getting Started" tutorials added to the codex.

Once you have went to My Theme > Tabber Widget and created your tabs you'll add the content in the widget dashboard.  For example, if you created three tabs you'll notice Tabber-NameChosen-1, Tabber-NameChosen-2 and Tabber-NameChosen-3. This is where you'll put your content for each tab. If you'd like to use your own text for tab-1 drop the text widget in it and enter your text. You could add a calendar to tab-2 and so on. Next you'll drop the Tabber Widget into the widget space that you'd like to to display your content in.

Please let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 skinny1

skinny1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, BackupBuddy, Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:13 PM

This is awesome Gerroald.  Exactly what I wanted.   Will the tabs stack one on top of the other automatically?  
As I read your answer, I realize that I should have been able to figure this out.
Must've been having a brain lock.   But a tutorial would be great help.  THANK YOU!!
B
Bonnie, aka Mrs B
http://TradeFatForLife.com