Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Life Series - Grunge Theme

options missing not admin page settings missing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 pierre johnson

pierre johnson

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

good day,

I have the life series - grunge theme install since 2009.
Trying to to make some changes to the front page items, however there is no access to those, or the footer options.
The menu is Grunge Life >> Start Here, however it leads to an ithemes error page. (see attached)

Please advise how I can make home page and footer changes.

thank you

Attached Files

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Hi,

please post this in the Life theme support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/47-grunge-life-tech-life-and-church-life/

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 pierre johnson

pierre johnson

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Hello Ronald,

Logged in, followed the link, and got pretty much the same response as when I try to access the the control panel for myers4worthington.com though the WP admin panel.

This is the error I experience from the link you supplied above:

Sorry, we couldn't find that!
[#103139]
You do not have permission to view this forum.

Need Help?

When I go to what I think is the root page of forums  (  http://ithemes.com/forum/  )  and try to find a selection for the life series, there is no such option.

Would really appreciate a resolution opposed to being sent to another url that doesn't work for me.
If being able to provide a resolution is a great inconvenience due to my posting on the wrong page - because I couldn't access the theme page, perhaps as the admin you can move the question to wherever it is you would like to see it and then send me the resolution.

thank you
johnson

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Hi Johnson,

your subscription appears to have expired. Such a subscription entitles you to premium support via our members only support forums, and product upgrades. In order to help us help you in the most efficient manner you should post your support requests using a login which shows your entitlement for support of this product.

If your subscription has expired we would request that you renew your membership. Please note that if you have multiple logins associated with different products we can merge those into one if this would be more convenient for you.

Having had a look at the error, I don't quite understand how your site could show the iThemes site. Are you trying to access the theme options via a direct link in the browser address bar? Are you signed into the WordPress dashboard of your site?

Ronald

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 pierre johnson

pierre johnson

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hello Ronald,

I bought this theme in 2009, set it up and haven't touched it since. Now the client is running for office again and so I went to make some updates on the home page and ran into this problem. I can appreciate that I do not have a current subscription for the theme, but I'm not asking for any type of styling or plugin conflict resolution or functions or css or such help, I just want the product to work.  I've setup an account for you , if you would be so kind as to take a quick peek.
Login, un: ithemes,   pw: thanksforhelping
from the WP admin menu go to GRUNGE LIFE
and from the drop-down go to START HERE.
Next thing you know you'll be on the iThemes error page that is in the pdf attached to my first email in this thread.

I was under the (mistaken?) impression that the purchase of a theme entitled me to use that theme as long as I wanted. Again, I understand that support is charged for, however I'm just trying to make some text changes to a theme I fully purchased and it's almost like the admin section of the theme has been hijacked by Ithemes. I know it's not the same and probably doesn't contribute any revenue to your department but I am a member in good standing with my backupbuddy subscription.

Please take a look and advise.

thank you ,
johnson

#6 pierre johnson

pierre johnson

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Hello Ronald,

In answer to your questions above,
1. No, I am not trying to access through the  browser bar.
2. Yes, I am signed into WP dashboard.

Everything is accessible except the ability to make changes to the front page.
Under pages there is not a home page and when I look in the media library the graphics for the front page are not there.

Possible for you to take a quick look with the credentials I set up for you in my last reply and just confirm what I have to do to have access to the front page of the theme?

So, to find my front page what do I need to do? Buy the theme again?

thanks,
johnson

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • 31,071 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hi,

the default WordPress homepage is not an actual page written via the dashboard, but you can find it in the theme folder as home.php, or if that file doesn't exist, it's index.php,

Ronald

#8 pierre johnson

pierre johnson

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Thanks Ronald,

johnson