Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Does Builder Have These Options?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Mitchell Albala_*

Guest_Mitchell Albala_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

-What options does Builder give me for creating nav links? Can they be just links against a page background, or fancier with colored boxes?
-Can I control the padding of, say, the body text area?
-Can I easily make a static home page banner?
-Can I place the nav bar kinks below the header. (By default most Wordpress themes have it above)
-What are my font options? Goggle fonts?
-Do I have font control for standard paragraph and all h1 - h2, plus others?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,356 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Hi,

View PostMitchell Albala, on 02 September 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

-What options does Builder give me for creating nav links? Can they be just links against a page background, or fancier with colored boxes?

Builder uses the standard WordPress navigation menu system, which allows you to add any links to a navigation menu. Each theme has a specific design, you can see samples on how the menus look by viewing the theme demo's: http://ithemes.com/find/builder/

Of course, depending on your skills (css in particular) you can override all styling and customise any theme to your specifications. Included with Builder is Builder Stylemanager, which allows you to modify basic colours, fonts etc using the WordPress dashboard. You can find a video on Stylemanager on the Builder page: http://ithemes.com/purchase/builder-theme/

-Can I control the padding of, say, the body text area?

yes, using css code you can make any adjustment to your theme. On the members only support forum, support moderators are available to assist with such minor changes.

-Can I easily make a static home page banner?

a banner is a graphic. Builder is not a tool to create graphics. However, using the Builder Layout editor, you can create any layout you want. See the video here: http://ithemes.com/purchase/builder-theme/

-Can I place the nav bar kinks below the header. (By default most Wordpress themes have it above)

Yes, using the layout manager you can built virtually any layout

-What are my font options? Goggle fonts?

yes you can use Google fonts. We have additional documentation on how to do so.

-Do I have font control for standard paragraph and all h1 - h2, plus others?

Yes, either using the Stylemanager, or using css code,

I hope these help,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.