Does Backupbuddy Backup Premise?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Martin_*

Guest_Martin_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi,

I need to move one of my membership sites, which leverages the Premise plugin.

Will BackupBuddy enable me to backup move all of my Premise installation without breaking it?

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Hi Martin,

I'm not familiar with Premise but haven't heard of it over in the support forums breaking anything so likely to be fine unless that means no one has tried using it before. A BackupBuddy backup that you use to migrate a site is a copy of the site (database, files, etc) as it was when the backup was made and migrating with such a backup puts that copy contained in the backup at the destination location (source site and destination site won't be connected, just probably happen to have a lot of the same stuff on them naturally).

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_David Rahn_*

Guest_David Rahn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostMartin, on 02 September 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Hi,

I need to move one of my membership sites, which leverages the Premise plugin.

Will BackupBuddy enable me to backup move all of my Premise installation without breaking it?

Hi Martin,

Did this work for you?

David