Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

"live" Payments Not Going Through Stripe

stripe exchange live payment error

8 replies to this topic

#1 dkithemes

dkithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hello,

I am having a intermittent problem with making payments.  

Website of interest is:  http://ieshiameshyll.com/

When I am in "live" mode and process a payment, instead of getting a "payment complete" message or anything like that, I am simply taken to a "/transaction" subfolder under the root domain in the URL.  And nothing but a blank screen appears in the browser window.  I have tried this on all browsers.  And have also done so with chrome after deleting cookies and the cache. Problem still persists.  I am using actual debit cards in these cases.

I have set up web hooks, one for live and the other for test.

I have also tries the making payments with the following test credit card numbers obtained from the stripe.com testing page:

4000000000000002 Charges with this card will always be declined with a card_declined code.
4000000000000127 Will be declined with an incorrect_cvc code.

4000000000000069 Will be declined with an expired_card code.

4000000000000119 Will be declined with a processing_error code.

And, after entering each of these four transactions, even in test mode, I get the same blank screen with the "/transaction" subfolder indicated in the URL after the website domain as mentioned earlier.  

Then, while still in test mode, I entered the 4242-4242-4242-4242 test card and the payment goes through just fine.

It appears that the actual credit card is behaving in the same way as that of the aforementioned test scenarios.

I have attached the screen shot of the blank screen.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 dkithemes

dkithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

This post is in addition to the previous post, that I just sent.

It appears that each time there is an error (incorrect CVC code, expired card, or declined card), in the payment whether in "live" or "test" modes the notification for this error does not display when the error happens.  The user is simply taken to the blank screen mentioned earlier.  

However, If I make a purchase and am taken to the infamous blank screen, it is likely an error - but I don't know what the error is.  Therefore, when I am ready to conduct the next payment, I refresh the browser and go to the payment page, then the error notification appears on the screen (in pink) indicating the reason for the previous error (declined card, expried card, etc.)

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hey dkithemes,

Can you test for a conflict?  So deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and the Stripe add-on then see if it works properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange/Stripe each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.

You can also check for a theme conflict by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes like Twenty Twelve and testing Exchange/Stripe to see if the theme is the issue.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 dkithemes

dkithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

ok, I will do what you have suggested

#5 dkithemes

dkithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Support,

url of interest: http://ieshiameshyll.com/transaction/

I have done what you have said.  I have deactivated all the plugins except "Exchange" and the "Stripe addon" and made a payment in test mode and live mode.  I still get the same screen.  I have also switched the theme to 2012 and 2013 to no avail.  

It still works with the 4242424242424242 test payment though.

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Hi dkithemes,

Can you double check that you've inputed your API Live Keys correctly in case you've changed them or missed part of the key when copying.

If that doesn't work, please send me login credentials for your site.  You can PM them to me here on the forum or email them to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Just be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#7 dkithemes

dkithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

Elise, I have sent an email to you.

#8 dkithemes

dkithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

The problem is partially fixed.  But there is an additional problem.  Will send in next email.

I have verified that the API codes are correct.  Since I have contacted you on this issue, the problem has been fixed.  We are now accepting payments.  My partner and I realized that in the wake of making test payments with an actual credit card the problem with the blank screen would only occur if the the current user had previously registered with the same login that the current session is using.  And anytime an actual customer would make a purchase and then go back at another time and make the purchase again, with the same login info, the blank screen would occur.

To fix this problem, we realized that we had to delete the customers from the the "exchange/payments" page.  But this is with the premise that if a user makes a purchase one time, they can download the product.  Therefore it is unlikely that they would log in again to make another purchase.

The customers are set as subscribers in the admin panel settings.  I don't know if this role makes a difference or not for the problems we have seen.

Daniel

#9 dkithemes

dkithemes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

Elise,

With respect to the previous email, there is an additional problem.

I have made test payments with an actual credit card while in "live" mode.  And in these test payments, I have performed the following scenarios that have both resulted in the blank screen after submitting a payment.  

scenario 1:

action:

• use actual credit card while intentionally enter the wrong CVC code to make the purchase.
result:

• blank screen
note:
  • upon refreshing the payment page I get a display (in pink lettering) saying "your card has declined.

scenario 2:

action:

• use actual credit card while that intentionally has insufficient funds.
result:

• blank screen
note:
  • upon refreshing the payment page I get a display (in pink lettering) saying "your card has declined.

As a result, shouldn't these display messages appear in real time when the errors first occur?

Daniel

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange Add-on - Stripe forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stripe, exchange, live, payment, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users