Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Please Note:

The iThemes offices will be closed Thursday Nov. 27 and Friday Nov. 28 for Thanksgiving.

Support will be limited, as we allow our support staff to spend some well deserved time off with their families. The iThemes Support team wishes you a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Backup Buddy And Hostgator Reseller Plan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DWalley_*

Guest_DWalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

I am a web hosting company and we also develop sites using WP. I have about 50 sites on a shared reseller plan. I am hearing that on these shared servers I might not be able to use backup buddy because of certain php version and curl.

Before I spend the money I need to know if will work on these servers. Please don't just say yes it will work. I need to know definite because I am buying the 150 plan.

Thanks

#2 Guest_DWalley_*

Guest_DWalley_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

BUMP

At least tell me what the requirements are so I can call HostGator and see if it will run properly.

#3 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,624 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hi DWhalley

Information on BackupBuddy can be had from the product information pages: BackupBuddy - the premiere WordPress backup plugin to backup, restore and move WordPress | iThemes and you can view the Questions (FAQ) and follow links to additional information.

In response to your specific question - if your host is using a recent version of PHP 5.2 then, like WordPress, that's all that BackupBuddy needs. As for curl, BackupBuddy has no specific requirements here other than that it be present and reasonably up to date, as it should be on all good hosts. BackupBuddy doesn't use curl directly but only indirectly through using WordPress functionality that uses curl or for some of the offsite destinations whose 3rd party libraries use curl.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."

#4 geezadrc

geezadrc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Backupbuddy works well on hostgator reseller plan, on my main website I have 70 demo sites 10 concepts and my main site and they all have backupbuddy installed as well as many plugins that i use on all my sites
Regards
Dave

I'm a web monkey from the UK and have been using builder since it was first released.

If you would like to hire me get in touch