Welcome to the forum:
Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!
Also take note of the forum guidelines.
Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.
What is included with support:
Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.
Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:25 AM
I am new to WordPress develoment and have spent many hours building a site and will be converting two other sites I maintain from standard HTML layout to WordPress (using a theme I purchased), then I got to thinking why not build my own but I dont know where to start and I found iThemes.com and started to poke around which lead me to the following questions:
1) How many licenese come with the Dev Suite? (Since it include Backup Buddy which is licensed by site)
2) With Backup Buddy, if I am moving my site from a sandbox url say http://mydomain.com/wp to say http://mynewdomain.com (but they are on the same hosting company only will be in a new folder on my existing hosting account due the package of unlimted hosting space and domain forwarding from a different hosting company, as I am taking over webdesign for a customer) Is that one license or two? How is the license determined? By Domain Name or some other means?
3) Is there a package where I can buy both the dev suite and Builder for a lower cost thatn $197 each.
4) what is the cost for support after 1 year (Since it is included in initial purchase), I realize the pricing could change.
If question # 2 is a bit confusing please let me know and I will do my best to explain it a little better.
Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:25 PM
1. the Plugin Developer Suite comes with unlimited licenses, see also: http://ithemes.com/developer-suite/
2. if you migrate a site, tecnically that would be 2 different licenses. But since the Dev Suite is unlimited licenses, it doesn't really matter. And, you can always remove and delete the license from the sandbox site if you won't be using it anymore after migration.
3. The $197 All Access Theme Pass also includes our "classic" themes. If it's just Builder you're after, Builder Developer pack, includes all current Builder themes (and those to be released during your subscription) is $150. As you can see at the top of our site,
we have a 33% discount coupon that runs out today,
4. Renewing a license can be done at 25% (customer loyalty renewal discount) of the price of the product.
I hope these help,
Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.
To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.
When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.