information

Bug?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bet Hannon

Bet Hannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

This plugin seems to be generating an error message that it shouldn't be.

Twice I have been uploading a new plugin (never before used on the site), selected "no" for not updating an existing plugin, the plugin seems to install just fine, but I get this pink error message at the top of the page:

You must select "Yes" from the "Upgrade existing plugin?" dropdown option in order to upgrade an existing plugin. Try again.

http://tinyurl.com/pn68u2q

Maybe it's not a big deal, since everything is moving toward automatic updates, but I thought you would want to know.

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hey Bet,

I can confirm this on my end as well. It does seem to be functioning correctly, but it is giving the error message. I'll bump this to the developer and report back here when I have more information.

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

Unfortunately, only a very limited amount of information is available to the plugin. Thus it can't distinguish between a new installation and an update. That being the case, I felt it safe to always show that message when "No" was the selected option.

I should note that selecting "Yes" when installation a new plugin will not cause any issues. In addition, having "No" selected when it is a new installation will not cause any issues.