It's Good For Me And My Situations?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Frank Weber_*

Guest_Frank Weber_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool for backup an restore wordpress websites. I have 2 situations:

1. I have a new website develop locally on a mac in MAMP environment and will very easy transfer this website to a real internet server which has as startpoint only a blank wordpress installation.

2. I will backup a real wordpress website and will it easy restore it on the local server (MAMP) to test new features not on the real system (this local system has at the beginning also only a blank wordpress installation)

Is this with Your software very easy possible (without editing files...,)?

Kind Regards Frank Weber from Germany (sorry for the english)

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

Hi Frank,

BackupBuddy can do both of those. Though the destination location for whichever case doesn't need to have a WordPress installation at it. The process of both methods will be the same.

This page has some information on migrations and some of the see also links show same sample videos to help give an idea what a migration (or restore) is like.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Frank Weber_*

Guest_Frank Weber_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

thanks for Your quick answer. Another question to the license types. If I have a real website and a local backup, is this one license or two?

Kind Regards Frank Weber (from Germany)

#4 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hi Frank,

For them both to get support and automatic updates it would be two so you can have a license attached to both.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#5 Guest_Frank Weber_*

Guest_Frank Weber_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Hi,

ok, last questions before buy. If I start with a business package , can I switch later to the developer package an have only to pay the difference between the packages? If I later a license not longer in use (because project is ready and deliver to the client and I don't have to to with it) can I use this license on a new project?

Kind Regards Frank Weber (from Germany) I hope the english is good enough

#6 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hi Frank,

You can contact sales@ithemes.com for more information on upgrading your package.

The licenses you have available are able to be detached and attached to other sites. If you are allowed 2 site licenses (for example) then that means can have two licenses generated at any one time. Could even delete one and then create another if you wanted and that would be fine.

Thanks,
-Akers
PRAISE LORD HELIX