Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Vid Embed Query

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JP_*

Guest_JP_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

Hi there,

I'm fairly new to Wordpress, so I appologise if this is a daft question, but I'm trying to work out if your VidEmbed will play videos that I upload to my wordpress site.

I'm creating a wedidng invitation website - but have password protected the site. I have a video that I've embeded in my website (just uploading through the Wordpress site).  But the player is clunky and slow.

I don't want to host my video on YouTube as I don't want it to be public (I only want the people who access my website to be able to see it).

Does your VidEmbed let me upload my video to Wordpress, but then allow a smooth playback on a range of devices?

Many thanks,

John

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hey John,

With VidEmbed, you can use standalone videos.  You just need to have a url to add to VidEmbed, so you can use the Media Library if you'd like.  You can also use something like Amazon S3 to store the video instead of having it viewable on YouTube.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 jrparkin

jrparkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I've downloaded the plugin - looks great.

Can I ask a query regarding Mac compatibility - is the video player flash based or can you choose how it plays the video back?

I'm wondering if they will play on iPhones.

Regards,

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Hi John,

It sort of depends!  :)  It uses the player from the source.  For instance, if you're using a YouTube video, it uses their player which does not use Flash.  I believe Amazon S3 does though and if you use a video from your Media Library, it will use Flash as well.

One other option I didn't originally think of that you can use in VidEmbed is Vimeo.  It might be part of one of their Pro Plans, but I know in the video settings you can set it so that the video will only display on specific sites that you list.  So you might consider Vimeo as an option as well.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to post them in the VidEmbed forum.

Thanks,

Elise