stipe php error

12 replies to this topic

#1 gmvt08

gmvt08

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Every time I install and activate the stripe add on plugin i get the message in the image below. Then I have to delete the plugin via ftp to get my site working normally again. Screen Shot 2013-09-20 at 11.13.07 AM.png

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,368 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Hi gmt08,

Thanks for letting us know.  We're currently working on the issue and as soon as we have an update available, we'll let you know.  

Thanks again!

Elise

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hey gmt08,

Make sure that all of your iThemes products are up to date (if you have any installed, you should see updates available) and then try installing and activating the most recent version of the Stripe add-on.

Give that a try and then let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Elise

#4 Chris Langille

Chris Langille

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Exchange - Stripe, Premium Exchange Addon
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

Exact same problem here. Screenshot attached.

I'm using the most recent version of Builder, and the plugin. I've tired manually installing via FTP, and same error occurs.

Any help would be great

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2013-12-10 at 5.32.36 PM.png

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hey Chris,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with a URL where we can take a look?

Did you make sure that all your Exchange products were up to date as I suggested to the original poster?  So insure Exchange and all Exchange add-ons are all up to date.  

Thanks,

Elise

#6 Chris Langille

Chris Langille

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

My apologies, http://store.bsjphilly.com

I have since deleted the plugin though.

Yes, everything is up to date. Fresh install of WP, Builder, and Exchange w/Stripe. Just signed up for a membership a few hours ago

Any help would be fantastic, thanks :-)

#7 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

Hey Chris,

The screenshot you provided earlier didn't actually show the error.  Can you reinstall the Stripe add-on and copy the error details and post them here for us?  That'd be very helpful.

Thanks,

Elise

#8 Chris Langille

Chris Langille

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:26 PM

Sorry! Here it is (attached)

Attached Thumbnails

• errors.png

#9 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,149 posts
  • LocationiThemes World HQ

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:51 AM

Hello Chris,

Could you try updating to the most current version of Stripe ( currently 1.1.11 ) and see if that helps? Also, are you able to update to the most current version of WordPress, currently 3.8? It's also worth double checking that all of your other plugins are up  to date just in case.

If these suggestions don't help could you try using a WordPress default theme like Twenty Thirteen?

Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#10 Chris Langille

Chris Langille

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

Hey guys this is still happening :cry:

Latest version of WP and the Stripe Addon, running Genesis as my theme

Screenshot attached for reference

www.barberlabs.com

Please advise

P.S. does this plugin require me to have a certain version of PHP on my server?

Attached Thumbnails

• error.jpg

#11 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 30,144 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Hi,

the error indicates that the MultiByte String extension is not installed in your servers PHP configuration. You should contact your hoster with a reference to the error message, they should be able to enable this for you,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#12 melimojo

melimojo

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

melimojodesigns.com

This is the error I've received after installing stripe. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Also, I can't  access my wp-admin to even uninstall the plug-in. NEED HELP PLEASE!

Fatal Error
(remove)
The site encountered a problem that it cannot recover from. Please use the following information to try to resolve the problem.
Error Message

Fatal Error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Stripe needs the Multibyte String PHP extension.' in /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe/lib/stripe-api/lib/Stripe.php:13
Stack trace:
#0 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe/init.php(10): require_once()
#1 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ithemes-exchange/init.php(129): include('/home/melimojo/...')
#2 [internal function]: IT_Exchange->addons_init('')
#3 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(429): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe/lib/updater/load.php(46): do_action('it_libraries_lo...')
#5 [internal function]: it_registration_list_init('')
#6 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(429): call_user_func_array('it_registration...', Array)
#7 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-settings.php(331): do_action('after_setup_the...')
#8 /home/melimojo/wp-config.php(90): require_once('/home/melimojo/...')
#9 /ho in /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe/lib/stripe-api/lib/Stripe.php on line 13
Description

The iThemes Exchange - Stripe Add-on plugin code created an error that caused PHP execution to fail.
Solutions
  • Invalid code modifications can cause this problem. If you have made any modifications to the plugin, remove them and try to load the site again.
  • It is possible that this plugin's code is out of date and that an upgrade is available. Check with the plugin's author to see if an upgrade is available.
  • There may be a conflict with another plugin running on the site. Try upgrading the other plugins on the site. A plugin conflict can be ruled out by deactivating all the other active plugins on the site and checking to see if the error still occurs.
  • The iThemes Exchange - Stripe Add-on plugin may not have been fully uploaded. Uploading the plugin again could fix the issue. Important: If you do this, you will lose any modifications made to the plugin.
Error Source Details
Type Plugin Name iThemes Exchange - Stripe Add-on Version 1.1.13 Author iThemes Path /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe File lib/stripe-api/lib/Stripe.php
Other Software Details
WordPress Version 3.8.1 PHP Version 5.4.20
Full Error Details
Type Fatal Error (E_ERROR) Message Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Stripe needs the Multibyte String PHP extension.' in /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe/lib/stripe-api/lib/Stripe.php:13 Stack trace: #0 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe/init.php(10): require_once() #1 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/ithemes-exchange/init.php(129): include('/home/melimojo/...') #2 [internal function]: IT_Exchange->addons_init('') #3 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(429): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe/lib/updater/load.php(46): do_action('it_libraries_lo...') #5 [internal function]: it_registration_list_init('') #6 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(429): call_user_func_array('it_registration...', Array) #7 /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-settings.php(331): do_action('after_setup_the...') #8 /home/melimojo/wp-config.php(90): require_once('/home/melimojo/...') #9 /ho File /home/melimojo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/exchange-addon-stripe/lib/stripe-api/lib/Stripe.php Line 13 Type Description This type of error indicates that PHP cannot continue to run the code. Typical causes of this type of error are code bugs that have typos, missing or incomplete files (such as a file that was only partially uploaded), and the code using more memory than it is allowed.

Note that this message is generated by iThemes.com products when an error is encountered on the site. While an iThemes product is

#13 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,368 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

Hi melimojo,

Did you contact your host as recommended as recommended by Ronald in the previous post?  Please do so and then let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange Add-on - Stripe forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, stipe, php, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users