Contactbuddy-Form

contactbuddy

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Scott Feger_*

Guest_Scott Feger_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I would like to modify the default contact buddy form.  I see in the instructions it says to modify the contactbuddy-form.php file.  Where is that located?  Am I able to get the file by going to Plugins > then selecting ContactBuddy in the upper-right of the screen?  I was looking through those files and I did not see that file.  OR do I need to download the file from the directory, make changes in notepad++ and then upload it once again?

If you can point me to an existing post or the right directory I'd appreciate it.

thanks,
Scott Feger

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Hi Scott,

The file you're looking for is just contactbuddy.php; that's where you'll find the form.  If you edit it from within WordPress by going to Plugins > Editor and selecting ContactBuddy from the drop down menu, it should be the file that is in the editor by default.

As for which method to use - either will work.  So you can select whichever you are more comfortable with.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 Guest_Scott_*

Guest_Scott_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

that's what I thought.  The documentation I was looking at was out of date and I didn't want to risk it.  I'll back that file up and go from there.  Thanks.

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hey Scott,

Definitely make a backup before you make any changes to your site!  :)  

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Elise