Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

information

Add Wordpress Blog To Existing Site With Loopbuddy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Sean_*

Guest_Sean_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

Hi,

I am considering buying LoopBuddy but want to know first if it is possible to use this plugin to add just the blog portion of WordPress into an existing HTML page?

I apologize if I've missed the answer to my question somewhere else on the website.

Thanks!

#2 Gerroald

Gerroald

iThemes Support

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hello Sean,

Thanks for your interest in LoopBuddy!

If I understand the question correctly you want to use LoopBuddy to add a WordPress blog to an existing non-WordPress site, correct? If this is the case the answer is no. WordPress is a blogging tool and CMS that's based on the WordPress Loop Standard. LoopBuddy is a WordPress plugin (that can only be used on a WordPress install) that overrides the the current loop to display custom queries and layouts.

If you have a current WordPress install and want to add a blog to your site then LoopBuddy can help to organize your custom queries and layouts without (most likely) having to touch any code.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Gerroald

#3 Guest_Sean_*

Guest_Sean_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

That answers my question. But to broaden it a bit, what I am trying to do is add a blog to my existing non-WordPress site by installing WordPress in a /blog directory and keeping the look of my site without having to customize a WordPress theme (if possible). I am basically trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Or, is it simply not possible without doing the work of customizing a theme?

Thanks again.