Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Your Products And Yahoo Hosting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Patrick_*

Guest_Patrick_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

I host my web site on Yahoo and am looking to move from their SiteBuilder tool to Wordpress. I am a newbie to Wordpress and saw you referenced in the Wordpress for Dummies book. I am considering buying some of your products to help me and was wondering if you have any experience with your Builder and themes running on Yahoo. Are there any issues that you are aware of?

#2 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

We've seen a number of reports of issues with Yahoo hosting ranging across many of our products. The error messages we've seen with regards to Builder running on Yahoo hosting never seem to make any sense, which could indicate an overly-complex or very outdated server setup. In each of these cases, the user reporting the issue said that the problem went away as soon as they moved over to different hosting.

In general, we've found many customers that can't get good results from Yahoo hosting. For example:

first off ill just admit that i hate yahoo small biz hosting for a multitude of reasons...even tried to get this client to NOT use them - but we are way past that.

I have just posted two particular problems--with image modules and rotating images plugin--elsewhere on these forums and it suddenly occured to me that the problem might be the Yahoo host.  I started putting together a Builder/Noise site in a sandbox on my BlueHost account and everything worked fine. But my client has been on Yahoo for years and doesn't want to move. So I tried to rebuild the site on Yahoo and nothing works.

I have had major issues using Yahoo. I had to set up a site for a client who was not going to switch and wish I had charged them more for all the issues I encountered. I would avoid Yahoo and GoDaddy hosting at all costs. Just my two cents.

Beyond just our products, I've also seen reports of people having issues setting up caching plugins or using the permalinks feature of WordPress on Yahoo hosting.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Do you have any customers that successfully use your products on Yahoo?  Is there something specific to avoid, or is is just better to consider iThemes and Yahoo incompatible?  Thanks.

#4 Chris Jean

Chris Jean

Code Monkey

• Administrators
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Unfortunately, I can't be certain. I don't have any reports of people saying that they are compatible; however, people don't report compatibility, just incompatibility. Compatibility is possible, but since I don't have access to their hosting, I can't be certain.