Tags In Essence Theme?

essence tags plugins

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Metta Zetty

Metta Zetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Does your traditional Essence theme include the option of tagging posts?
http://essence.ithemes.com/

If not, can this functionality be easily added with a plugin? If so, which plugin would you recommend?

Thanks,
Metta

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,985 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi Metta,

by default, Classic Essence doesn't display post tags (but of course, they can be added through the standard WordPress functionality). They can be added easily to the theme templates though. We are here on the forums to help with that.

I can't think of a plugin that would do that for you.

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Metta Zetty

Metta Zetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

Thanks, Ronald!  I really appreciate your prompt and helpful follow-up, and I'm delighted to know support for making this kind of change is available here in the forum.  Many thanks! :)

Also, in light of your feedback, I have several other questions about customizing this theme that I've included below.  When you have a minute, could you let me know which (if any) of these changes I might be able to do with support from you and/or the other members of this forum?

FYI, up until now, I've hesitated to renew my subscription to this theme because I wasn't sure how to make any of these changes -- but, the truth is, I'd love to use Essence, if I could tweak the theme at bit.  In fact, I just recently got a estimate to have someone make these changes for me, and the cost was prohibitive, so I'm eager to know if I might get a bit of coaching support for making these edits once I renew my theme.

Thanks!
Metta

P.S.
My understanding is that if I make all my changes in a child theme, future Wordpress upgrades won't undermine any of the changes I've made.  Is this correct?  If so, I'll also need guidance on how to create a child version of this theme.

Header
-- Add option for uploading logo & favicon
-- Insert small newsletter subscribe form in place of phone number and email address

Rearrange Archive Layout: http://essence.ithemes.com/archive-page
-- Left Column: By Page * By Post * By Month
-- Right Column: By Category * By Tag <-- Not currently included

Image Rotator (main page)
-- Change from 4-image limit to unlimited number of images

Fixed Text Area Dimensions
-- Convert the fixed text areas in the theme to floating areas, including the footer.

Background Color Options:
-- Add the following jewel tone colors options, while keeping the current background image texture:
` purple
` green
` another shade of blue
-- Also, is it possible to customize the theme such that color changes can be made through the admin interface rather than editing the code or uploading another/different version of the theme?

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,985 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

Hi,

Of course, all these can be done, with the proper knowledge of css, php, html and the WordPress framework. You can contact our services department if you wish to have the theme customised, or perhaps post a request on our marketplace forum.

To clarify, we are here on the forum to help with technical issues, recording and fixing bug etc. with our products. And we certainly don't mind (if time permits) helping out with minor customisations, such as changing a color, change padding or margin, but extensive customisation requests are not within the scope of our support.

thanks for understanding,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#5 Metta Zetty

Metta Zetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:32 AM

Thanks again, Ronald.  I appreciate your clarification and suggestions, and I will follow-up accordingly.

With appreciation,
Metta