Fluid Layouts With Builder?

fluid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Mike Donovan_*

Guest_Mike Donovan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm interested in buying Builder, but I can't see any clear information on whether or not Builder can create fluid layouts. Not responsive layouts - my customers do not use our website on mobile devices. I'm talking about fluid layouts, where the container and content expand to fill, say, 95% of any browser window, whether the customer has screen/resolution set at 1024 pixels wide, 1920 pixels wide, etc. Is there a CSS command that would do this to a Builder theme/layout?

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,716 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hi,

yes, Builder can be fluid. Not through css though, but via the Builder responsive configuration. A technical description can be found here: http://ithemes.com/codex/page/Builder_Responsive:_Responsive_Support_Function_Parameters#enable-breakpoints

hope that helps,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 Guest_Sirinja Mahtam_*

Guest_Sirinja Mahtam_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hmm. I have a Builder page, and using Firebug I found the CSS reflecting the site width I set:

#builder-module-525f4e3ef06bc {

width: 960px;
}

Changing width from 960px to 94% seems to work. Is this an improper use of CSS? I haven't checked it across browsers or screen resolutions 'cause it's not what I want - just an experiment.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,716 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

@Sirinja Mahtam

please sign in with the username and password you use to access the membership area (from where you downloaded the product(s) you purchased), and post your support request in the Builder support forum: http://ithemes.com/forum/forum/64-builder/

thanks,
Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.