Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Backup Buddy Licensing For Clients And Membership

license clients multiple licenses membership

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Alexis_*

Guest_Alexis_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Hi, I have a few questions before buying.

If I decide to buy the Business Option for 10 licenses, will these licenses be able to be used on client sites? Or will I have to own all of the sites I use Backup Buddy on?

Also, as far as membership, I saw in another thread that the membership lasts for one year. Does that mean I am able to automatically renew for another year with another payment (meaning it's essentially $100 per year)? If so, Is there a way to set it up for automatic payment with notification?

#2 Jeremy Trask

Jeremy Trask

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder, Members, Toolkit
  • 13,896 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hi Alexis

Thanks for your interest in BackupBuddy.

In answer to your first question(s) - your available licences can be assigned to BackupBuddy on any site that you wish and certainly for Customers who support clients it is quite common for them to have BackupBuddy on a client site with one of their licences attached. And of course should a client cease to be a client for whatever reason you can detach a licence from their site and attach it to the site of a new client (or existing client who you may offer BackupBuddy based services to). Please note though that in all cases you are still the licence owner and all support is provided through you - your clients cannot come to us for support directly.

For your second question(s) - yes, the standard membership period is one year and you can renew for continuation of the validity of any existing licences you may have, otherwise all licences cease to become valid at the end of the membership period regardless of when they were created during that period - but BackupBuddy will continue to function as is. It's best to contact sales@ithemes.com for any questions specific to payment and/or renewal processes but there are always discounts for renewals and also often "special offers" that you might want to take advantage of.

Please let us know if you have any additional question or clarification required, thanks.

Regards...jeremy

"Everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end."