Backup Buddy With Theme "headway" And Plugins From Onthego Systems?

headway views types wpml

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Manuel_*

Guest_Manuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Hi there,

I would like to purchase Backup Buddy.

Are there any experiences if Backup Buddy works well with:
Theme: Headwaytheme Framework
PlugIns: Types & Views and WPML (Multilanguage) Plugin from OntheGo Systems

Would like to use Backup Buddy for making backup´s of course, but also for moving sites (server-internal from subfolder to rootfolder).

Thanks very much for sharing your experience!

Cheers,
Manuel

#2 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 17,242 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi Manuel,

Quite a few customers use Headway. Have been reports of WPML breaking WordPress' cron scheduling system which BackupBuddy makes use of but not confirmed or very many instances of.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#3 Guest_Manuel_*

Guest_Manuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Hi Akers,

thanks for your response!

I doublechecked with WPML and they think it should work.

One last thing:

I understand that moving a WP-Site from one domain or server to another is very easy with Backup Buddy, right?
What I actually need is:
1st Project: moving the WP-Site from a subfolder in the rootfolder
2nd Project: no "real" moving of the site neccessary, but updating all pathes (because site is developed on a subdomain, the maindomain will have the same folder but not the subdomain in the url)

That´s also possible with Backup Buddy, right?

Sorry for asking so much, I just want to be sure that I don´t ruin everything. :-)

Thanks again,
Manuel

#4 Guest_Manuel_*

Guest_Manuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hi,

me again ... :-)

The guy´s from WPML are asking for more information about the issue you pointed out ("reports of WPML breaking WordPress' cron scheduling system which BackupBuddy makes use of").
Would be interesting for their Compatibility-Team.

Because I don´t have access to your members area (not yet :-)) it´s not possible for me to search there for specific topics.
Can you provide some information for them?

Would be great!

Thanks,
Manuel

#5 Dustin Akers

Dustin Akers

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes
  • 17,242 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Hi Manuel,

BackupBuddy can do both of those migrations. The second one though is a bit different than a normal migration. A migration/restore with a database-only backup would only deal with the database part of a site, and there's also a mass database text replacement feature in BackupBuddy that can be used to manually change paths in the database if that is all it needs.

In the past few months there was a few times that someone was having the backup not complete because it looked like the WordPress cron system wasn't working as expected, after checking for plugin conflicts they found it to be WPML, that when it was deactivated the cron system seemed to continue fine. It was only a few people (like 2 or maybe 3 all of a sudden within in like the same month) and they disappeared soon after so not much else got found out about it. Could have been isolated, I don't personally know how many people using BackupBuddy use WPML but probably definitely more than that so could have easily been something specific with those few people and as the WPML people said it likely would be fine.

Thanks,
-Akers
Welcome to the forums. Be sure to post your questions in the correct forum and don't forget about the new and improved search function located in the top right of the forum pages. The gear/wheel symbol next to the search box will give you more options for advanced searching. Thank you and have a nice day.
PRAISE LORD HELIX

#6 Guest_Manuel_*

Guest_Manuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi Akers,

thanks again.

Ok, everything sounds very good to me.
I will give your information to WPML.

Have a good day!
Manuel