Exchange Log Out Page Re-Directs To Store Page

4 replies to this topic

#1 getwebmedia

getwebmedia

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

I have installed Exchange on a couple of sites for clients and I'm excited by the possibilities of Exchange but I can't seem to figure out why my log out page re-directs to the Store page. I have tried the standard Exchange page found in the settings and creating a Wordpress page and used the shortcode provided in Exchange page setting but each version when clicked on just re-directs to the Store page. Is there a setting I'm missing? I have two projects in limbo waiting on a solution.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,535 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hi getwebmedia,

This is the expected behavior.  When your user clicks the logout link, it logs them out behind the scenes, they don't need to actually go to a logout page, and then takes them back to the store.  There isn't a setting for where the logout redirects to in Exchange at this time.  I can add this as a feature request for a future release, however, I don't have a timeline for if or when it will be added.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 getwebmedia

getwebmedia

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Hi Elise,

Thanks for responding to my message. It does kind of put me in a weird place with my projects though.

Imagine a member signs up for a membership and uses the membership area and decides to log out
and is presented with the store page when almost any membership script will take them to a page
that says logged out or something similar. This would be very confusing and create a poor user experience.
Ditto for the e-commerce store.

I was going to use Premise by Studiopress for the membership site because it works very well in many
areas including a traditional log out experience except that there is no way to create a members only
menu without coding or plugins. I was going to use Woocommerce for my shopping cart client

Builder solved this dilemma for me with its custom layouts and menus and with the recent Exchange
membership add-on, I thought I had the best of both worlds but the log out experience is a huge
letdown. Without a familiar log out experience for clients and customers, I'm almost forced to use
Premise at $165 per client. Not my preferred choice I assure you.

If there is some other option I can take to address this one detail while this feature is being considered
for a future release please let me know.It would save me a ton of work,time and money.

Thanks

Rhett

#4 kwchin2002ithemes

kwchin2002ithemes

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Is there a way this could be resolved by code somehow?  We are having the same problem also -

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,535 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:46 AM

Hi Rhett,

This has been added as a feature request which you can vote for on the Exchange Roadmap.  I don't have a timeline for if/when it will be added, though.  

In the meantime, if you feel comfortable (@kwchin2002ithemes, too), you can use the following filter to redirect where they go after logging out:  it_exchange_redirect_on_logout  You'll find that in the class.pages.php file in /lib/pages.  

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users