5 replies to this topic

#1 richardaronson

richardaronson

• Members
  • Others: All Themes, BackupBuddy, 3rd Party Exchange Addons
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Hi there.

I am using exchange in a Genesis theme. I have entered all my products and am having them display on a WordPress page. The store can be found at reddoorolympia.com/store. I would like to display all the products on this page in a grid. I have been editing the exchange.css file, trying to achieve this. I thought if I did display:inline-block in the store section that would take care of the issue but I was wrong. I know I am missing something super easy but I am still a CSS newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also want my products to show up in a particular order on the store page and I have no idea how to do that. Hints are welcomed. :)

#2 richardaronson

richardaronson

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

So I found the solution to my grid problem HERE. Thanx to Elise for that little nugget of wisdom.

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,440 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hi richardronson,

First, you'll want to create an Exchange directory in your theme. If you just edit the current style sheet (exchange.css), updating Exchange will overwrite any changes that you've made. So it'd be /wp-content/themes/YOUR-THEME/exchange. You'll then create a new file called style.css where you'll create the CSS for your store page.

The CSS I'd start with would be the following:

.it-exchange-product {
width: 20% !important;
float: left;
clear: right !important;
}

You'll probably want to make further adjustments, but this should get you started.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hey richardronson,

Sorry, I must have been working on my response when you posted yours!  :)  Just glad you got it figured out.

Let us know if you have any additional information.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 richardaronson

richardaronson

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

The only other question I have is how to order the products on the store page. I want them to show up in a specific order. Not sure how to do that.

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,440 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Hi richardaronson,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to control the order the products appear in at this time.  However, it has been added as a feature request which you can vote for over on our Exchange Roadmap.  

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: information, store, products, grid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users