Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

resolved

Purchase Error In Firefox (Ghost Page Issues And Store Not Showing In Ie)

8 replies to this topic

#1 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hello Support team!

I'm having several issues with Exchange I need help with.  Please forgive my ignorance as I'm using exchange for the first time. I'm getting an error when trying to process a live transaction (worked well with sandbox).  I'm also having other issues with the "ghost" pages which I'm sure they are "user" errors...LOL!!!  (see below):

1. After the registration option I get the "Purchase" button and received the following error:   (please note I did not get this error in Chrome).

Service Unavailable - Zero size object
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #15.b31a32b8.1383240806.14e7e916

2. When I use Exchanges' "Store" ghost page, nothing shows hence I'm using the WordPress page with the shortcode in it (would rather use the Exchange page).

3. When I'm logged in as a user, (right after I register) I can only see my test "user profile" in the dashboard as well as "Events" which I don't want the user to see (I used the AAM plugin to hide it, however it's still showing).  I can't see the "Customer Account" page or any other information in regards to the "test" user.

4. When I try to log in using the Exchanges' Log-in page nothing shows.

5.  When I did the PayPal testing with my sandbox account, the "Confirmation" page does not show anything.  I guess "ghost" pages are really "ghost"...LOL!

6.  When I called PayPal to troubleshoot the error, (which they advised is not a PP error BTW) they were not able to see the "Store" or e-book in IE.

Note:  I thought Exchange was not working properly because my theme did not have the "exchange" folders as it says in the settings page (which is very confusing to me) "If they exist, the following files will be loaded in order after core Exchange stylesheets:" hence I added them to Builder and the "Noise Child theme".  Not sure if this is causing the error above, but wanted to let you know I added the files via FTP.

When it says, "if they exist", does it mean you're supposed to add them if they don't?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Migdalia Johnson
Migdalia Johnson

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,720 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hi Migdalia,

Can you test for a plugin conflict?  So you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and any Exchange add-ons you have, then test to see if your pages appear properly.  If they do, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  

You can also see if the conflict is due to the theme by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes like Twenty Thirteen.

Also, I didn't get the error in issue #1 you have in Chrome or Firefox.  What browser are you seeing that in?

Try testing for a conflict and then let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Hi Elise!

Thank you for the quick reply.

I had done that before and it did not fix the problem, however I did it again and still get the same error with all plugins deactivated (except Exchange of course).

Now I have another problem...it's giving me a 404 page (after deactivating/activating all the plugins).  The permalinks shows "post-type-widget-content" instead of "product".

I'm still getting the same error (the client did as well).  Note:  I've been clearing the cache each time I get the error to no avail.

Thank you for your help!
Migdalia Johnson

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hi Migdalia,

Can you send me admin login information for the site?  That'd be the best way for me to diagnose the issue.  You can PM me login information here on the forum or email it to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Just be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Thank you Elise!  Sent you an email with the information.
Migdalia Johnson

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hi Migdalia,

I deactivated the Events Manager plugin and everything seems to be working fine now.  I switched the page type for the Store page back to the Exchange page type, I can access the Store, Log In and Accounts pages.  Everything seems good to go!  

I did reset the permalinks, just went in and saved them, didn't make any changes to them.  That cleared up the other issue you mentioned.

Thanks,

Elise

#7 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thank you so much Elise.  I tried it several times this morning and I experienced the same issues, however, I gave it one last chance and it worked fine...LOL!

I'm wondering why it did not work for me when I deactivated all the plugins (including the "events" plugin).  What did you do differently so next time I don't experience the same issues?  I'm incredibly excited the Exchange pages are working properly now.

Thank you again for your help.  I truly appreciate it.

Have a great weekend!

MJ
Migdalia Johnson

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hi MJ,

I deactivated all your plugins and the pages showed fine, so I started reactivating plugins.  When I reactivated the Events Manager plugin, I could no longer see the content on those pages.  I initially ran the test on my localhost, so that I wouldn't mess with your live site.  

Once I discovered the issue, I went back into your live site and deactivated the Events Manager plugin, which worked on your live site as well.  

I did notice that some of the pages loaded a little slowly at first.  So maybe when you refreshed the page, you didn't wait long enough for the page to load?  Load speed seemed to pick up when I deactivated Events Manager.  This could've been due to the conflict between the two plugins.

Anyway, I'm just glad everything seems to be working for you now.  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#9 migdalia01

migdalia01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Thank you so much Elise!  That makes total sense now.

Do you happen to know of an Events plugin that does not interfere with Exchange?

Migdalia
Migdalia Johnson

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users