Builder child dark theme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Helene_*

Guest_Helene_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

I am contemplating buying the builder theme and would first like to clear something up:

A friend told me she bought it and was disappointed because the child dark template didn't look right: the sidebar was of a different length than the pages, and she couldn't see anywhere how to fix it. She let me look over her shoulder and I couldn't see how to do it either.

Can you confirm whether getting the page the same length as the sidebar is an issue with the Builder theme, or with this particular template? Realistically, I don't have enough knowledge to get in the code and adjust it.

#2 Thomas_U

Thomas_U

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:12 AM

Length of sidebars and pages always depends on the content.

IMHO there is no way and no need to get it to same length.

Greetings, Thomas_U

#3 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 04:45 AM

That said, we can use a workaround: Set the background of content module to the same color as the sidebar.

This can be easily done via CSS.

#4 Guest_Helene_*

Guest_Helene_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, setting the background color to be the same doesn't remove the problem. When the sidebar length is different than the page length, it results in a stair-step look at the bottom.

In other templates if the sidebar is shorter than the page, there is a white space below the sidebar and an "even" look at the bottom. If the sidebar is longer than the page, the whitespace is lengthened at the bottom of the page to even out the look.

Seems like it's a quirk of the "dark" template.

#5 Sridhar Katakam

Sridhar Katakam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy
  • 22,262 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

If you can post a URL of the webpage where we can see this problem, we will try to come up with a working solution.

Please post this in Builder forum.