#1 shiesl

shiesl

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA, USA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

I attempted on my personal computer to create a Multisite under MAMP. Unfortuately I had a number of other MySQL WordPress databases on the site and thus attempted to change those to work with the Multisite. The result is a complete and total mess. WordPress cannot find my iThemes, my plug-ins, or anything else. Thus I decided the best thing to do would be to remove WordPress and start over from the beginning.
So under WordPress Support I obtained the file "Delete Site". The problem is that the "Delete Site" under tools does not work. I expect it does not work as I ended up changing the passwords in the MySQL databases - there are at least 5 of them - all of which I need to delete also - so that I no long have - or know the Administrator password.
Thus the question - how do I delete all of the WordPress files - including the MySQL files so that I can start over from scratch? Thank you.

#2 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,693 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

this forum is for questions related to hosting (with 3rd party hosting companies), you appear to be using a localhost install using MAMP?

View Postshiesl, on 05 November 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

So under WordPress Support I obtained the file "Delete Site". The problem is that the "Delete Site" under tools does not work.

Also, I do not know what you are referring to, can you elaborate? Add a screenshot?

In general though, deleting the WordPress directory, as well as deleting the database(s) via phpMyAdmin will remove all traces of WordPress on a localhost,

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

#3 georgeireton

georgeireton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

I am glad you are here Ronald. I would not want your job! Ha ha.

#4 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 29,693 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:06 AM

@georgeeireton,

it's good fun, and after 5 years I'm still enjoying it!

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the WordPress Hosting Questions forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users