Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Support during Holidays:

During the Holidays (Dec. 22 - Jan. 2) our support staff will spend well-deserved time with their families and loved ones.

We can not guarantee the same level of support that you are used to.

Moderators will check in on the support forum, but response times may be longer than expected.

Your iThemes support team wishes you happy holidays!

in progress

Shipping Price Error

shipping

13 replies to this topic

#1 dmori

dmori

• Members
  • Others: Exchange - Stripe
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

I have just done a test purchase using a coupon code for a digital download.

On the product confirmation page there is a serious error with shipping (although a digital product). It shows shipping £1,630.00

Simple products and Simple Shipping are not activated in Add-ons.

Please see screenshot.

Also  the layout of this page is messy, how do I change (ie. which css file do I need to make changes and potentially what lines) - and how do I style the download button.

Screen shot 2013-11-05 at 14.35.27.png

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Hi dmori,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with a URL so we can take a look?  That's the best way for us to diagnose any issues you may be having.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 dmori

dmori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

http://videosuccesstoolkit.com/uk/product/smartphone-video-workshop-1/

#4 dmori

dmori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

Use following coupon to do free purchase

WFV71ML6W1E1

#5 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hey dmori,

I'm not seeing any of the issues you're describing.  I don't see shipping of any amount being added nor does there appear to be any styling issues.

dmori.png

What browser are you viewing the site on?  And what operating system?  Or have you already corrected this issue yourself?

Let me know if you've already corrected the problem or any additional information you have about the issue.

Thanks,

Elise

#6 dmori

dmori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Well Exchange seems to be acting weird for me.

I purchased and created an account as a new user. Yet it creates a wordpress account although I've de-selected 'Require users to log in before downloading their products?'

I wanted a simple payment experience that didn't involve someone creating a wordpress account. Is this possible?

The 2nd problem is that with a new user, they are sent to the home page, not account page (well it was like this for me in safari)

There is no option to be sent to: http://videosuccesstoolkit.com/uk/purchases/

There is then no option to go to the download page or access your download.

As an admin to the site - logged in as a wordpress user, I get these pages.

Can you describe your user experience? Could you get to this page - as the screenshot you show me is before purchase.

Until you are able to access these pages as a new user, you will not see the layout issues and the shipping payment amount errors.

Can you please explain what is happening, and how I can fix this - as this seems like to completely different user experiences.

#7 dmori

dmori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:12 PM

Well Exchange seems to be acting weird for me.

I purchased and created an account as a new user. Yet it creates a wordpress account although I've de-selected 'Require users to log in before downloading their products?'

I wanted a simple payment experience that didn't involve someone creating a wordpress account. Is this possible?

The 2nd problem is that with a new user, they are sent to the home page, not account page (well it was like this for me in safari)

There is no option to be sent to: http://videosuccesstoolkit.com/uk/purchases/

There is then no option to go to the download page or access your download.

As an admin to the site - logged in as a wordpress user, I get these pages.

Can you describe your user experience? Could you get to this page - as the screenshot you show me is before purchase.

Screen shot 2013-11-05 at 20.04.40.png

Screen shot 2013-11-05 at 20.08.32.png
Until you are able to access these pages as a new user, you will not see the layout issues and the shipping payment amount errors.

Can you please explain what is happening, and how I can fix this - as this seems like to completely different user experiences.

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

Hi dmori,

At this time, in order for users to be able to log back in to access downloads, etc., it does create an account for the user.  The developers are currently working on a Guest Checkout add-on.  I don't have an exact date for release, but it should be released in the near future.

Can you send me login information for your site.  That'd be the best way for me to determine what's going on with the pages.  You can PM me the information here on the forum or email it to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#9 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Hey dmori,

So this looks like it may be a server related issue.  When testing in Firefox, logged out, I try to go to the account page and get this error:  

"The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

I ran a quick search and found a number of others having the same issue:  Search Results

Try talking to your host provider and see if they are able to help you out with this.

Thanks,

Elise

#10 dmori

dmori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Maybe it was down for a short while (as most servers often do) when you tried. Did you only try once?

I've tried logged out - when I click on account I get a blank white screen but when I click on log in I go to login page.

I use rackspace cloudsites for my servers.

I have been using this since 2008 and with wordpress sites since then also. I have yet to have a problem like this that has affected any plugins.

So I don't feel the issues related to exchange are server related (or at least not only server related) - and are also related to some things not displaying or working correctly within exchange

I look forward to hearing from you and your team with other possible solutions.

Thanks

#11 dmori

dmori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

Maybe it was down for a short while (as most servers often do) when you tried. Did you only try once?

I've tried logged out - when I click on account I get a blank white screen but when I click on log in I go to login page. When I try to log in it does go to the "the connection was reset...."

I use rackspace cloudsites for my servers.

I have been using this since 2008 and with wordpress sites since then also. I have yet to have a problem like this that has affected any plugins, and have not had a problem when logging in normally. So I'm not sure what is happening when using exchange to log in.

So I don't feel the issues related to exchange are server related (or at least not only server related) - and are also related to some things not displaying or working correctly within exchange

I look forward to hearing from you and your team with other possible solutions.

Thanks

#12 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

Hey Dennis,

I also got the white screen when testing in Chrome, which is why I then tested in Firefox.  After multiple attempts, in both browsers, I continued to get that error or the blank screen.  

As you have had the site for a long time and it's a multi site installation, I'm assuming you've continued to add sites to the network, pages, plugins, posts, etc.  If you read any of the WordPress.org support posts included in the search results I previously gave, you can see that this has caused issues for other people.  

There is nothing that indicates this is an issue with Exchange.  I'd recommend contacting your host and possible creating your own post in the WordPress support forums.

Thanks,

Elise

#13 dmori

dmori

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

This is a fairly new install (ie. within last 4-6 months) - with only 1 other site at the moment.

Thanks for you help - but I don't think Exchange may be right for me right now.

#14 digitalcraft

digitalcraft

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hi,

I'm also experiencing the same issue. Once I have the purchase confirmation, it shows the same amount of 1,630 for shipping even though is not adding it up to the total. The amount charged for the transaction is correct.

http://www.screencast.com/t/S6WgKI1CuX7

I checked the amounts for standard shipping (was in 1,630 by default) and changed to 5 and free shipping enabled, but still showing 1,630 for the shipping

Running in WP 3.7.1
Stripe transaction

Any updates on this?

Thanks

David

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, shipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users