Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Cannot Attach License Key To Backupbuddy

backupbuddy license key

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 christiantjr

christiantjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

I purchased a license for BackupBuddy a while back. The license has since expired. I was under the impression that the plugin would continue to work. My understanding is that I could renew later to get further updates and support.

I have BackupBuddy licensed on several sites, and since the original license expired, all my license keys have been showing up as invalid. It says I cannot use the plugin anymore unless I buy a new subscription.

Does this sound right?

#2 christiantjr

christiantjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

I've read some more information here on the forum. To be clear...the sites I'm having trouble with ALL worked fine before. I had a license for them all. Each had it's own key attached to it, and all worked just fine. Since my license expired, I've been getting messages that my license key isn't valid. I have tried multiple times to generate a new key or reattach an alternate key. Nothing works. I keep getting the same message which says my license is invalid, and if I want to keep using BackupBuddy I need to purchase a new subscription.

Any insight is much appreciated.

#3 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hi christiantjr,

Licensing does not affect plugin functionality.  So now that your year with iThemes has expired, your licenses will expire and you will not be able to license BackupBuddy on your site, either by generating new license keys or attaching a previous key.  

Again, licensing does not affect plugin functionality, so even if BackupBuddy is unlicensed on your site, you can continue to use it as you had previously.  And I'm not aware of any error message telling you can't use the plugin without a license.

So, you should be able to continue making backups just as you have in the past.  If you need further support or updates, you would need to renew.

Thanks,

Elise

#4 christiantjr

christiantjr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Thank you. That clears it up! I was taking the licensing messages the wrong way, assuming license = functionality. Much appreciated :)