continue membership or not...
Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:45 PM
1 - will i still have access to the forum when my membership expires?
2 - what are the benefits of membership?
3 - what are the costs?
4 - do i need to purchase a product to extent my membership? what if i don't need any other product? is there a different way to extent membership?
5 - what if my membership is cancelled and i need help for my flexx template?
6 - can i run WP 3.0 on my current flexx version that i got a year ago or do i need to upgrade to 2.7.5?
7 - how can i upgrade to 2.7.5? my website/blog has received a lot of customization. do i have to redo all after upgrade?
Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:42 PM
1. and 2. once your membership has expired, you will no longer have access to the member only theme support forum, and will not have access to the membership area to download the latest theme versions. More in the FAQ section here.
3. The costs can be found on the product pages, in case of Flexx this page.
4. purchasing another year of premium support and theme updates by renewing your "subscription" is in a way extending your membership.
5. your membership isn't likely to be cancelled, it will expire though after 1 year, unless you renew your annual subscription. If you don't, you will not have access to the support forums.
6. older versions of Flexx will work fine on WordPress 3, they just don't make use of the new WordPress 3 features. The latest versions do.
7. yes, you will have to redo all customisations, if these customisations were done by modifying theme template (php) files and the stylesheet style.css.
I hope I got it covered,
Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.
To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.
When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.
Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:09 PM
- a new membership fee of $79 basically for tech support seems to be
pretty high. though it would include the latest template, there is not
much use for it if i have a customed blog - and a lot of bloggers do.
otherwise, why would we need tech support / the forum...
2 - can
your techies find out a way to upgrade a template without having to
customize the blog again? it's a lot of work to re-customize the blog... can i get a "plug-in" or something of that sort that upgrades my blog w the latest template information?