Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Buy Now And Quantity Issue With Simple Product

exchange buy now checkout simple product quantity

6 replies to this topic

#1 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:48 PM

I ran into an interesting issue here and am not sure how to get around it or if it's a bug. The site is live at http://buildmyaudience.com and you an example of where the issue occurs is at http://buildmyaudience.com/product/phone-sessions/

The issue is that when one clicks "Buy Now" you go to the register/log-in page, which is fine. But then when you register or log-in, there is not an option to change the quantity. It just shows your product, price, and the pay with paypal button. Then when you get to PayPal you can't adjust the quantity either.

However, this is only an issue with that "Buy Now" Button. If instead, you select "Add to Cart" you get taken to the cart where you are able to adjust the quantity and then pay with paypal/check out.

Is there a way to be able to adjust the quantity with the Buy Now or a way to redirect users that select it back to the cart?

Any help would be great. Here are screenshots as well.

Product:
Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 12.37.47 PM.png

Registration after selecting Buy Now:
Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 12.38.03 PM.png

After logging in — Where the real issue is as there is no place to change the quantity
Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 12.38.54 PM.png :

What you get instead if you choose "Add to Cart" — what I would think you should also see after logging in/registering if you select Buy Now:
Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 12.39.29 PM.png

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,699 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

Hi David,

I can't replicate the issue that you're having on my site.  When I register as a new user, I have the option to update the quantity and add a coupon code after I've registered.  Have you tested to see if there is a conflict with another plugin?  So you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if it works properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins, one at a time, testing Exchange each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.

Using the Add to Cart option will require the user to register, just not when you add the item to the cart.  When you hit the Checkout button, either on the product page for from the cart page, you should be asked to register.

Try testing for conflicts and then let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

The Add to Cart function works fine. It's just the Buy Now button that has an issue. Could your site be different because of the Guest Checkout Option? I deactivated all plugins and the issue was still there.

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hi David,

I've tested it with all plugins disabled and all other add-ons deactivated and still haven't been able to replicate it.  

I haven't had anyone else report this issue, but I'll go ahead and talk to the developers and see if they have encountered the issue or have a possible solution.  In the meantime, go ahead and test to see if maybe it's theme related by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes, like Twenty Thirteen.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Unfortunately with the live site, I can't switch themes. For now I've just hidden the Buy Now with css and am only showing the Add To Cart function as it works beautifully. If I get some time this week I'll try to put a backup of it back on a dev site to see if changing themes makes any difference.

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Understood, David.  Just let us know how it goes once you've been able to test.

Thanks!

Elise

#7 dweuste

dweuste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

So, I loaded up the last backup of this site that was made before going to the live server. The "Buy Now" process works beautifully. Register account, get to cart, and see a button to "edit cart" where you can then edit the quantity. This was completely not working on the live site. I didn't even have to change the theme on the dev site version. Back up at http://sites.rosebrookmedia.com/buildmyaudience/

The only thing that I can think of now is that on this version, the registration doesn't appear via Ajax, but rather a new page reloads and then reloads again for the edit cart. That isn't what was happening on the live site. Is that a setting somewhere in iThemes that I clicked, and could that be the cause of the oddity?

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress, exchange, buy now, checkout, simple product, quantity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users