7 replies to this topic

#1 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Are the Exchange Base Pages supposed to be created automatically/dynamically????

I've created my products and done the initial setup of Exchange. The only I get when I try any of the URLs is a 404 error. Do I need to create each of these pages myself? That't not exactly up and running in 5 minutes.

One thing I haven't done is set up payments, but I just want to see what the store looks like. Do I need to set up payments first?

You can see the 404 error here: https://treasuresbyelene.com/store/

Thanks.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,529 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Hi patdumond,

When I try to go to your site (not just the store page you linked to, your actual site), it doesn't come up.  I tried to go to https://treasuresbyelene.com, but the site isn't coming up at all.

You don't need to set up your payment gateway first.  Try going into your Settings > Permalinks and just re-save your permalinks.  

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

Sorry about that (typo): https://treasuresbyeleni.com/store/

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hey patdumond,

Did you try re-saving your permalinks like I recommended?  Again, you shouldn't need to change anything, just go into Settings > Permalinks and hit Save Changes.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I just saw the recommendation to re-save the permalinks, did so, but no joy. Still 404 - File Not Found.  The products show up in the product list and I can view the products by following the link from the product page on the Dashboard. Just now I was able to see the links to add an item to the cart. I did so, but when I hit the "View Cart" button I got a 404 error on this URL: http://www.treasuresbyeleni.com/store/cart/.  I also get a 404 error on: http://www.treasuresbyeleni.com/product/.

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hi patdumond,

Can you try testing for a plugin conflict?  So you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if the pages show.  If they do, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, checking the Exchange pages each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  

You can also see if the issue is due to a theme conflict by temporarily activating one of the WordPress default themes, like Twenty Thirteen.

Give that a try and if it doesn't work, please send me admin login credentials for the site.  You can PM them to me here on the forum or email them to me at elise@ithemes.com.  Just be sure to include a link to this thread so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#7 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Found the culprit: BWP Google XML Sitemaps plug-in. Looks like everything is working. I've uninstalled the sitemap plug-in. Thank you so much for your assistance.

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,529 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

Happy to have helped, patdumond!  Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users