Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

in progress

Exchange - Simple Paypal Payment - Not Working Correctly

14 replies to this topic

#1 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

I was testing the simple payment with PayPal and got an error message after paying at PayPal and clicking the link to return to my site that simply said there was a problem with PayPal and to try the payment again later. Problem is that the payment succeeded (I checked PayPal on both the sending and receiving end) and Exchange marked the purchase paid. The item I purchased showed up in my account under purchases. Unfortunately, it also remained in my shopping cart.

I tested ANOTHER purchase and got the following error when I clicked "Pay with PayPal":
  • Error processing PayPal form. Missing valid PayPal information.
How could it be missing valid PayPal information when the previous transaction completed correctly, except for the false error message and emptying the shopping cart?

There is another, minor, problem. The "Pay with PayPal" button is duplicated on the product pages and the checkout page.

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,959 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Hi patdumond,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with a URL where we can see what's going on?  That's the best way for us to diagnose any issues you're having.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

View PostElise Alley, on 20 November 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

Hi patdumond,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with a URL where we can see what's going on?  That's the best way for us to diagnose any issues you're having.

Thanks,

Elise

Well, the URL is http://treasuresbyeleni.com/ but you can't see what's going on unless you buy something and I don't have it set up as a sandbox.

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hi patdumond,

If we have the URL, we can see all sorts of things, like what version of Exchange you're using, your WordPress version, other jQuery libraries being called that may be causing the issue, etc.

Also I can see the reason you are showing the Pay with PayPal button twice.  It looks like you have both the PayPal Standard and the PayPal Standard Secure add-ons enabled.  Both of those purchase buttons will say Pay with PayPal unless you change the label in those settings.  So you can change the label or deactivate one of the PayPal add-ons.

It looks like you're running version 1.6.1 of Exchange, the latest version is 1.6.2.  Try updating and see if that corrects the issue.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

I upgraded to Exchange 1.6.2. Same problem. Error on returning to the Treasures by Eleni site saying the transaction did not complete even though it did and the item remained in the shopping cart. I deactivated all plugins except Exchange and tried again. Same result. Error message is:
  • Unknown error while processing with PayPal. Please try again later.

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Hi patdumond,

Can you send me admin login credentials for your site so I can take a look at the backend?  You can email them to me at elise@ithemes.com or PM them to me here on the forum.  Just be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

#7 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostElise Alley, on 21 November 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hi patdumond,

Can you send me admin login credentials for your site so I can take a look at the backend?  You can email them to me at elise@ithemes.com or PM them to me here on the forum.  Just be sure to include a link to this post so I know what the message is in regards to.

Thanks,

Elise

Done.

#8 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

Just for chuckles, I decided to troubleshoot my quasi-theory that I had different emails on PayPal and TBE (Treasures by Eleni) was causing this problem. It isn't. I checked out as a guest using my PayPal email address and got the same error and the item I purchased remained in my shopping cart. I know you said you didn't the get the error during your test last night, but I'm getting it 3 different ways of checking out - 1) as a logged in customer, 2) from the same PayPal account and email as a guest, 3) for a different email/same PayPal account as a guest. It happens every time I checkout. I've purchased different items. I've purchased different number of items.

I suppose it could be a problem with my PayPal account, but my credit card bills will show I can successfully use that account all over the internet without this problem. I've asked the site owner to get someone else to test it, but she's on the West Coast and often not available until late afternoon her time.

#9 patdumond

patdumond

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

I had someone else try a purchase on the site. They got the same result I got -- sale goes through, error message on return to site, item remains in cart. It isn't my account.

#10 jamierowe

jamierowe

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, Builder
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hey folks,

Was there ever a solution here? I'm testing exchange tonight and getting the same error doing a digital download.
  • Unknown error while processing with PayPal. Please try again later.
Edited to add: The payment is going through on the paypal side. I'm getting confirmation email from them and even a confirmation email internally with the "yabba dabba doo" message. 3 sales all the same, but when it sends me back to page, it shows the item in the cart with the Unknown error while processing with PayPal. Please try again later. message. And the internal dashboard says Purchases "0"

#11 flowta

flowta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Toolkit
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

Hi All
Im just commissioning a site using standard paypal, and I have this error also Unknown error while processing with PayPal. Please try again later.

The following also happened:
. the return to the site process didnt work, and an insecure form message page appeared
. when I returned to the page, the above error message against the transaction was showing
. the item was still in the shopping cart
. the paypal transaction appears to have gone thru OK (I got the PayPal receipt)
. the payment transaction in Exchange shows the user as "Deleted User", and there is no email address, so contacting the user would be problematic. But the transaction record shows Paid with Billing and Shipping Address showing.

The site is dmjbooks.com

I have just updated the site to WP3.8. and the very latest Exchange. Site is in my Sync account.

I can provide access on request.

I think it essential that all emails of clients be maintained in the transaction record, and be available to the site admin.

#12 Glenn Ansley

Glenn Ansley

iThemes Plugin Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Exchange - Stripe, Toolkit
  • 92 posts
  • LocationWake Forest, NC

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

Hi everyone,

If you're using PayPal Standard and getting this error, you probably haven't setup IPN for your PayPal account. Please Log into your PayPay, go to Profile --> My Selling Tools --> Instant Payment Notifications (this is different than managing API Access) and make sure you have IPN enabled. Without IPN enabled, PayPal has no way to communicate back to Exchange and tell us that the payment went through.

Additionally, you will see that PayPal asks for a default URL in the IPN. Exchange does not use the default. We send the correct address via PayPal's IPN API.

#13 jamierowe

jamierowe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

#14 jamierowe

jamierowe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

Got a sale a moment ago. The same issue. I was able to get their email from my paypal notification and was able to send them the product directly.
Went into dashboard. Shows them as "deleted customer". Since this is member support, I'm hoping y'all can help me pretty quickly. Otherwise I'm gonna; have to shut down my store for awhile til it gets sorted.
Thanks!
jamie

Screenshot
http://www.webpagescreenshot.info/img/52cb0a5f017a93-34753713

#15 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

Hi Jamie,

Can you please start a new thread?  If you've followed the steps provided by Glenn and are still having issues, it is possibly a separate issue.  

In your new thread, please give as much detail as possible.  For instance, you said it seems to work fine on "gratis sales."  Does it work when they select a price?  Or just when they set their own price?  Are the customers registering on your site?  Or are you using guest checkout?  Any additional information would be helpful.  And be sure to again include a link to your site.  

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users