Exchange Pages Not Found

7 replies to this topic

#1 matshultgren

matshultgren

• Members
  • Others: BackupBuddy, Premium Exchange Addon
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

Installed the Exchange plugin together with the Membership Add-on. After setup none of the Exchange pages (using Exchange parameter in the Pages setup) can be found, instead a 404 message is presented.
After experimenting I find that the two products I added can be accessed through a direct URL (example.com/products/testproduct). None of the other pages however.

Rookie mistake? If so, please advise me.
I've read through the documentation and browsed the Forum but can't find any info. Help, please!
Regards
Mats

#2 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Members, Moderators, Toolkit, Webdesign
  • 5,528 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hi Mats,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with a URL so we can take a look at what's going on?  That's the best way for us to diagnose any issues.

Can you also go in and re-save your permalinks?  You shouldn't need to change anything, just go in and click the Save Changes button and then test your Exchange pages again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

#3 matshultgren

matshultgren

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hi Elise,
Tried to re-save the permalinks to no avail. I was a bit hesitant to write the url in public since it's not publicly available yet. Can I send it to you by mail so that I can supply you with a temporary admin login as well?
Regards
Mats, Stockholm Sweden

PS Happy holidays!

#4 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hi Mats,

So it looks like this is a conflict with your theme.  I temporarily activated the Twenty Thirteen theme on your site and the Exchange pages worked.  

You can bypass this by first creating your own pages.  Then in Exchange > Settings, under the pages type, assign the WordPress page type to each page and select the page you'd like to use.  You'll then take the shortcode provided by Exchange when you change the page type to WordPress and paste that into the content area for that particular page.  I've already done this for you for the Store page, so you can go in and check out how it's done.

I know that's a tedious workaround, but it should get everything working for you with this theme.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Elise

#5 matshultgren

matshultgren

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hi again Elise,
Thanks for all your help and effort. As you said it's a tedious job, but somebody´s got to do it! :-)
I wasn't quite sure about the shortcode-handling (looked through the documentation but didn't find anything. How "granular" are the shortcodes, down to field level or more on a "form-level"?
I'll have a look-see of what you've helped me with and work my way from there.
"Tack så mycket" as we say in Sweden and have a swell day!
Regards
Mats

#6 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Hey Mats,

There isn't a lot to the shortcode, if that's what you mean.  There aren't any options or anything.  It's just [it-exchange-page page='store'] (for the store page).  

I think that's what you are asking about, but if not, just let me know.  :)

Thanks,

Elise

#7 dmarkham

dmarkham

• Members
  • Others: All Plugins
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

I have the same problem. I've contacted the theme author - haven't heard yet. PMPro worked ok. (This is a completely different site, same theme.) I tried using a different theme and that didn't seem to help either.

The shortcode didn't seem to work for me either. I set up the store page but no products displayed - they say "visible" in the products dashboard.

#8 Elise Alley

Elise Alley

iThemes Support

• Administrators
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

Hi dmarkham,

Can you please (always :)) provide us with the URL where this is happening?

Have you tried testing for a plugin conflict?  To do so, you'd deactivate all of your plugins except for Exchange and then see if it works properly.  If it does, reactivate your other plugins one at a time, testing Exchange each time to see which plugin is creating the conflict.  

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Elise

Reply to this Topic

ATTENTION
If this topic is marked RESOLVED or INFORMATION, or if you are NOT experiencing EXACTLY the same issue, please start a new topic to provide the details of your problem. If the solution provided doesn't work for you, you should start a new topic. If you feel this thread contains relevant information, you may include a link to it in your new topic. To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. When posting your question or request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter and more to the point you can make your request, the better.

For BackupBuddy related issues, be sure to include the status log from your most recent backup.

CLICK HERE to start a new topic in the Exchange ecommerce plugin forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: in progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users