Welcome to the forum:

Welcome to the iThemes, PluginBuddy and WebDesign.com forum. We've created several tutorial video's to help you get you started with using the forum, please check them out!

Also take note of the forum guidelines.

Support hours:

Our moderators actively respond to forum support requests during normal business hours which are Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm Central Standard Time, typically within one business day. Although some moderators choose to work during the weekends, we can not guarantee immediate attention to your requests. Thanks for understanding.

What is included with support:

Premium support includes theme/plugin issues such as: bugs encountered under normal operation, how to use basic features, basic WordPress help, and basic help with customization (meaning we point you to resources and will help in more depth as time allows). More information.

Would Like Refund

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Matthews

Richard Matthews

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:10 AM

Hello,

I recently purchased the iBuilder Theme. And while it's a good theme... it does not meet my requirements for site building and I'd like to get a refund. Can you please alert me as to the appropriate procedure for getting a refund. Thanks very much.

#2 Josh

Josh

Ithemes Developer

• Moderators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, BackupBuddy, Flexx
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Hi Richard,

We do not offer refunds due to the types of products we have here at iThemes. This is posted on our FAQ page- <a class="sfcode" href="//ithemes.com/frequently-asked-questions/#17" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://ithemes.com/frequently-asked-questions/#17</a>. In the future please be fully aware of the product you are purchasing. If you are having any technical/compatibility issues feel free to ask we will be more than happy to help you.

Best Regards

Josh
Hey if you haven't looked at the iThemes codex check it out here!
There are some plugin walkthrough videos on our youtube channel check it out!

#3 Guest_similar_*

Guest_similar_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:36 AM

I would say a problem with the above comment is that you cannot properly test the software without purchasing.

I too bought builder thinking it would be a useful tool for rapid development but found it completely wrong for the work I was doing.

I agree it is a good tool but does not work in the way I thought it did.

If I could have tested it on a time limited basis I would have discovered this without purchasing.

You are using serial number activation, so it is a tangible good yes?

#4 sarah

sarah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • Others: Builder, All Themes
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

Hello, Similar -

Thanks for your additional input. While we do not offer live testing for each customer, we do offer a number of live demonstrations and videos so that you can SEE and understand what Builder does and whether it would be right for you (including 5 different videos, various screenshots, and text descriptions just on the sales page). So that you feel confident in what you are purchasing by viewing and watching the theme "in action".  

Also, no, Builder Theme (or any theme) is not a tangible good. Our plugins receive a license key...so maybe that is what you are thinking of when you say "serial number activation".

Builder is still a digital file that is downloaded and saved on X computer.

Thanks

#5 Timothy Maggenti

Timothy Maggenti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

I was not aware that you could sell a product without any guarentee what so ever, Good Job, Now we all know how to get as much money as possible and never worry about a guarentee!

Lets all do this and see who ends up in hell first!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would never have purchased this product if I had known that you did not stand behind it! Wow I really can not belive you do not offer a way out for people and get away with this?

#6 Richard Matthews

Richard Matthews

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hey Admins,

It was not my intention to start a flame war on your Forum. While I am a little dissapointed with not being able to get a refund, I don't thinks it appropriate to bad-mouth your business. Builder is a solid well-built theme. It's just not something I can use in my development process.

I think it would be appropriate to close this thread so the flaming can be stopped before it gets out-of-hand. Thanks for handling this with integrity.

Edited by Richard Matthews, 13 July 2010 - 03:38 PM.

#7 Ronald

Ronald

Forum Admin

• Administrators
  • Others: All Plugins, All Themes, Moderators, Webdesign
  • 31,369 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hi Richard,

no worries, you didn't do anything wrong. Thanks for understanding, and please, use the Builder support forum as much as you want, Sridhar, our Builder expert is able to assist on all topics that you may need help with,

@Timothy, do not use this kind of language and accusations on this forum. Your remarks are totally out of line and inappropriate.

I shall close this thread, we've only explained our points, as per our
policy (which is common among all those in the premium themes business).

Ronald

Join the iThemes Builder Community on Google+.

To ensure that we can process your support request efficiently, ALWAYS include a link to your site, and/or the page your request is related to. Please also read the forum guidelines.

When asking your question/posting your request on the forum, please be as concise and specific as possible. The shorter your request, the more to the point, the more specific, the easier it will be for us to try and help out.